jdm carboy oem style bumpers

IN2deep

5+ Year Member
i want to do oem parts but has anyone used them, i was looking at their 99 conversion
i rear ended a girl a few months back and i knew the bumper was toast, it wasnt bad my tires were terrible if u tapped the brakes u were sliding , anyway i knew i needed a bumper but my hood is not right either and possibly aq rt fender its at the shop right now for an estimate so i thought i might do the conversion to a 99-00, so do these parts fit good, or i had thought about the passwordjdm jdm style fenders with the sidemarkers and a honda bumper and a oem style hood but im not sure? thanks

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oem style sucks

ventturei26

Capt. Fuse
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i havnt had the chance to buy any owm parts from carboy yet, but if ur willing to pay the money, just get the bumpers form your local honda,

what usually happens is that people who advertise oem bumper covers actually are just hard plastic instead of polyeurathane. make sure the covers are polyeurathane otherwise in the long run ur screwed. (plus if u lower ur car, u dont want to scrap a plastic/fiberglass cover)

i tink what maverick meant was that do a jdm front swap. go to a place like jdmshit.com and get like ctr/type r 99-00 headlights, the front bumper cover, a mugen/ctr/typer grill, and a carbon fiber hood.

as everyone says look at it as a forced upgrade

ventturei26

Capt. Fuse
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just go to carboy find out what u need then buy the same parts from honda/local car shops/motorsports store that get stuff direct from japan.

black97civic

black97civic
5+ Year Member
This exact same thing happened to me and I was already planning on doing the conversion. Like they've said before, a forced upgrade. All you need is the hood, fender, bumper cover, headlights, and if your rebar is already messed up get a 99-00 one cause it will fit better. If you get a 96-98 or use the one you already have you have to smash down the sides of it so it will fit right. There are a few cuts to be made but nothing you can't handle with some kind of cutting device. There is a thread somewhere on here showing exactly what needs to be done to do the conversion. I'll see if I can find it.