Jdm D15b Head..... Large image sorry

ED6fanatic

5+ Year Member
Hey guys am new here at the forum and i would like to get some help on what to do with a minime am bulding. wich block is the best for minime? i have an a6 and was thinking of changing the pistons. many say that a z6 is the best option but it just like having a complete d16z6. t

ej1boy

5+ Year Member
get the z6 pistons or even better just get the D15b block

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not sure how true this is but I heard that using dohc zc pistons will bring your compression up on your a6 block.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not sure how true this is but I heard that using dohc zc pistons will bring your compression up on your a6 block.
aren't the zc pistons domed which bumps up the compression?

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aren't the zc pistons domed which bumps up the compression?
yeah, that's what I had heard. I had like two friends using zc pistons on their mini mi's. My one friend, who is also a member on here, had a crazy ass mini mi setup that had the loudest vtec. :shock: I know vtec really isn't much to me imo but it was f**king loud!

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wait so a mini me is just a vtec head on a non-vtec block?
yep :lol: some people think the vtec makes you faster for some reason. I mean, don't get me wrong, vtec is a nice little thing to have but not worth the trouble when you can just buy a z6 for cheap imo.

Golana

5+ Year Member
could a minime be done on a ZC block? i like how the ZC looks, and if i do a swap, thats probably the direction ill be heading.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
could a minime be done on a ZC block? i like how the ZC looks, and if i do a swap, thats probably the direction ill be heading.
if you're talking about a dohc zc then no, you can't add a vtec head to it.

Golana

5+ Year Member
haha, for some reason, i though you guys were talking about the intake mani... ahahah

anyways, yea, i would be going with a DOHC ZC. i love how you can see the timing gears from the side. reminds me of the supra engine :D