JDM Liscense Plates

94EG_

Boats N' Hoes !!
5+ Year Member
Ok I wanna buy a Liscense plate relocator and a JDM plate. I can get either two kinds. One says EG6 and one says EJ1. I have a 94 coupe Ex is it an EG6 or is that hatch ? Is the EJ1 strictly as USDM terminology for an EG or is that for the coupes ?

franklin-hid

your moms boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
u have a EJ not EG...

on a side note
i dislike those sooo much...just get real plates from japan....those things u are looking at are like a piece plastic with vinyl on em..

92h22eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya, i have been looking at antique and foreign license plate dealers online for the real deal. Gotta pay money tho. I had a friend who went over to the island and said they like to trade for american license plates....maybe someone could find where some japanese people want to trade tags.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why the f**k....I'm not gonna even bother.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
ya, i have been looking at antique and foreign license plate dealers online for the real deal. Gotta pay money tho. I had a friend who went over to the island and said they like to trade for american license plates....maybe someone could find where some japanese people want to trade tags.
i'm a big fan of foreign plates. i used to have australian (NT Outback) front plates back when i had my black ej8. i actually got them directly from australia, via ebay. they have a whole category for license plates.

94EG_

Boats N' Hoes !!
5+ Year Member
Really I appreciate all the opinions on the plates but. I just need to know is if, EG6 only refers to a hatch ? And does EJ1 only refer to the coupe ?

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Really I appreciate all the opinions on the plates but. I just need to know is if, EG6 only refers to a hatch ? And does EJ1 only refer to the coupe ?
yes.

eg6 is the jdm sir hatch (b16a)
ej1 is the usdm ex coupe (d16z6)

it's not terminology. they're chassis codes.

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Click "Honda civic specs" from the site navigation bar at the top of the page and click the year you are inquiring about. At the bottom of the page is lists all the engine codes and their corresponding models/trims.

94EG_

Boats N' Hoes !!
5+ Year Member
Thanks guys, found all the info I needed to get. Only reason I was confused is cause I own a 94' hatch also and I've always known it as an EG6 and I wasnt sure if the coupe was the same. I appreciate the guys who actually tried to help me and it kinda bothers that some other people seem to get pissed off and leave remarks about the thread being retarted or whatever. I joined the site to talk to other civic owners and share ideas etc. If you dont share the same opinion on what I'm talking about just skip the thread.

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks guys, found all the info I needed to get. Only reason I was confused is cause I own a 94' hatch also and I've always known it as an EG6 and I wasnt sure if the coupe was the same. I appreciate the guys who actually tried to help me and it kinda bothers that some other people seem to get pissed off and leave remarks about the thread being retarted or whatever. I joined the site to talk to other civic owners and share ideas etc. If you dont share the same opinion on what I'm talking about just skip the thread.
There will always be a few assholes no matter what it's about, just don't let them ruin it for you. Welcome, most of us are glad to help if we can.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Keep the plate off the car man... Were only trying to help out.

94EG_

Boats N' Hoes !!
5+ Year Member
Ok thank you I, I appreciate the help. I'am undecided with the plate "idea". As of now I wont because everything I've seen is a junky "replica". If I was to do it I would want the real thing. And not just a plate adorning the model of my car but maybe an out-of-date real japanese tag. But anway I hope this thread dies now because it truly has become dumb. Thanks guys for all the input and help. Glad to be a new member of CC.

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
go look at your VIN and you will find out what your car is exactly. the 4th thru 6th letters/numbers will be your cars chassis code.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
if u had an EH2 hatch, i think it'd be quite silly to put a plate that said EG6 on it...

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
here's a pic of my old FBP civic with australian front plates...