Jdm o2 and tps ecu question. Help!

HondaP_wer

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay, I just swapped in a jdm b18c type r engine 98 spec all stock with oem p73. I knew once I started it it was going to throw a mil. Only because I did not have the oem primary o2 sensor (and only o2 sensor) plugged into the exhaust stream. Anyway a few days went by I was messing around with the car and decided to check the ecu trouble code using the paper clip method. It gave me – – – – – – – __ __ __ __ _ that I am pretty sure is code 74 (random misfire cylinder #4). There is no other codes present in the ecu. Only the code 74. Well, I cleaned up all ignition contacts and it idled fine at start with no mil, but as soon as I barely gave it throttle it misfired and stumbled a bit and cleared up and threw the same code 74. I am going to grt oem plugs but i dont have them local. The engine has ngk iridium with 7 heat range. Well I was wondering since it being jdm and all. I tried researching. Why didn't it throw a code for the o2 sensor circuit? I have the connector unplugged.

Also another problem and this one has no codes. It even did it with my ls vtec turbo with p06 chipped. I tried to find out but couldn't. I am only using the tps and wire harness from my Lsv on this b18c so I suspect it's something going on there but I don't know for sure. If I start it and go through a warm up cycle with out touching the gas pedal it's fine. But, as soon as I drive it sputters bad (its not the misfire i know that for sure) the whole car feels like it just shuts off and turns on. And I can see the air fuel ratio go full lean. Would a bad tps cause this? It happens only on very light loads on the engine.

I really want these problems gone. Thanks for the help.

HondaP_wer

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just noticed now that in key on engine off the tps reads .4v – .5v which is good. I can sweep it to wot and it climbs up and reads 4.5v which is good. Now with engine running. I read .4-.5v at idle and when I barely crack the throttle it goes to .3v than .2v for a second than the engine bogs down and recovers the rpm reading .6v or .7v. Bad tps ?