Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ebay?

Mugen23

5+ Year Member
Yeah, Does anyone know how to change a steering wheel without making the airbag go off?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
take the cable off the battery and let it sit for a few min

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
btw i like the wheel, its aight, i just dont like the horn button w/ the "new driver badge" kinda kills it for me

Mugen23

5+ Year Member
Yeah i like the wheel, you can all ways change it out, or get a sticker for it

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yuh id just put a honda one in or just a black cut out, would look better than that new driver badge, i dunno just makes the wheel look cheap imo ,

dyce590

True Life:I drive a Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ebay? dont complain when you have steering problems

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
steering is one of the things you should never cheap out on..and a fake ebay kit is pretty much cheaping out..hope you can think fast when the bearings get weak and the steering wheel breaks off the hub and you are left with no steering wheel driving. i've seen the aftermath of what i just explained(not from personal experience)

Black&Mild

5+ Year Member
If you don't have personal experience with them, then stfu maybe... how the fuk do you know how they perform? Just cause your friends drive like retards and don't know how to install it correctly is not anyone else's problem. A steering wheel is a steering wheel, they all bolt on the same way as any MoMo or Sparco.

I've had a Legit Momo Race steering wheel on mine for about a year+ now- came with the same exact looking hub, absolutely no problems and ya, I bought it off of eBay. Only downfall is that you won't have a airbag.

They work fine, how the fuk are you going to have steering problems from a straight bolt on part? people that have probably abuse it way to much. It's as EZ as 1-2-3 to install and looks, feels good.

Some people can't spend $500 for a steering wheel, this one he got is just as good as any others.

To the OP, just unhook your battery connection cables so your drained of power and wait 10-15 minutes just to be safe. Cause you don't want that airbag blowin up in your face.

There's plenty of DIY's on how to install steering wheel hubs as well, the steering wheel itself just gets bolted on with 5-6 screws.

highneo

Pi Lambda Phi
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They work fine, how the fuk are you going to have steering problems from a straight bolt on part? people that have probably abuse it way to much. It's as EZ as 1-2-3 to install and looks, feels good.

Some people can't spend $500 for a steering wheel, this one he got is just as good as any others.
QUALITY! who cares that it looks alike. most ebay parts just replicate the look of other parts, but is made with shitty material. It is a straight bolt on par, but i would never trust getting a hub from eBay made by little kids in china. if you ever felt a better built steering wheel, it is not the same.

i would never cheap out on anything important like brakes, suspension, or even the steering hub. if you want to get cheap replica mirrors, or lip kits then go ahead. you won't be killing yourself or even worse innocent drivers on the road.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if he wants a aftermarket wheel, who cares, its his car, i myself like factory wheels, but thats his car, and if he thinks its cool and totally digs it, then why is it such a big deal, not like he took your airbag off, hell my toyota work truck doent have a airbag and i drive the holy shyt out of it, golden rule ,dont drive like a retard and speed and pay attention to where you are driving instead of fkin with your cd player or talkin on the cell phone and you dont have to worry about having a airbag =shrug just my 2 cents

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a cheap wheel and haven't had a problem yet

waiting to find a momo or jdm w/ srs for the right price

at the end of the day OP it is your car and your safety

i knew exactly what i was getting into when i took out my oe wheel

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
or get a s2k wheel.

i think sk8 has one, its looks legit too
;)

s2k wheel FTW imo. I mean, you get SRS, a momo wheel, 3pt, smaller diameter, nice material AND cruise control (unlike the JDM wheel).

PLUS, it's cheaper than the "JDM" wheel - it can be had for about $285 :thumbup: