JDM ZC DOHC Turbo

JDM James

Ominous
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well C.C. after Him and I finished the swap into his 91 crx dx, now He is looking to turbo it.. I am looking for places/site that sell a turbo kit for it. Any sugguestions.

iamgod

Banned
first thing he needs to do is remove those damn breather filters, as for the turbo kit people have retro fitted the Greddy Z6 kit to that engine 8)

king_C.R.X.

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
where did you buy your engine swap???? im thinking about buying mine from nippon same exact swap

iamgod

Banned
on an HF or SI the swap is simple as just swapping the 2 engines and ECUs, for a DX you have to do the wiring conversion or buy the wiring premade, ZC's can be had anywhere from $50-800

rsxdc569

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where and how much was the ZC itself. Does the tranny bolt up on a 91 civic dx?

iamgod

Banned
rsxdc569 said:
Where and how much was the ZC itself. Does the tranny bolt up on a 91 civic dx?

price varies and yes your DX tranny will work on the ZC.....but you dont want to run it with that shitty tranny

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got beat to the answer looks like ^

Actually I was going to ask why use a DX tranny?

I like the swap. Only ZC I ever drove was a 1st gen Integra. Probably a LOT more fun in a light CRX

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
iamgod said:
first thing he needs to do is remove those damn breather filters, as for the turbo kit people have retro fitted the Greddy Z6 kit to that engine 8)
haha, I have breather filters... they were a gift :oops:

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
iamgod said:
put them on your nipples so you can feel like a sexy boy
lmao!

Don't diss nipple decoration

teamcaucASIAN

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a 88 crx hf, zc is on the way, im using a si tranny but dont know what to use for cams or cam gears, any ideas?

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why not make your own thread and not jack someone elses?

civicracer14

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for some reason i'm still leaning and going for the DOHC ZC swap..its a great bang for ur buck and makes an aweosme turbo motor.. i found www.hmotorsonline.com to have it the cheapest $525.00! where nippon wants $545.00 not much of a diff. but i'm a bargin man!..(heh).. also i called on one and they r on back order for 2 weeks from both nippon and hmotors..

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
damn, that's a beautiful d-series!!