Jezeks build up thread part deuce

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'd love to do stuff like this. Everytime people keep saying they want to part out a car I'm disappointed that I'm not closer so I could just help take it apart and figure out how everything goes together.

The interior is easier for me to work on too. Small and not as strong. Plus when I'm ready to sell things I clean them up as best as I can. if anyone ever bought anythinng from me like fenders... they'd have fresh wax on them.

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i just wish that i had some friends who were mechanically inclined so i could do s**t to my car with them watching over my shoulder kinda thing guiding me

and and i wish i had a bunch of tools too...that's prolly the first thing i need to get

So jezek, what's your timeline like now for getting this beast up and running?

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
roll bar looks awesome. are u going to remove the insulation on the firewall there behind the pedals? can;t believe u were riding on stock suspension.... ricer.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jezek said:
And WOW. Clay bar ftw!!!!!!!...the stuff is sick :shock:
you...
NOFX said:
:lol: I keep saying how great a clay bar is. It makes old paint look and feel new.
...and you make me want to try clay barring one of these days. I just can't stand the waxing part, takes me forever :(

ikillradio

96 DX Hatch said:
you......and you make me want to try clay barring one of these days. I just can't stand the waxing part, takes me forever :(
its worth it i did it via Amelia's write up and BAM money time. :naughty:

i just dont like how it is all has to basically be done in one sitting unless you are garaged

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
After you've detailed your own car a few times it gets a lot quicker to get everything done. I kind of just go into a trance so to say (Jason confirms this - apparently I hear little when I'm detailing).

You could probably get a professional detailing done if you wanted to. I'm wary of it though because I know a lot of places do things I would never ever want to do to a car. Pressure washing, a one stage polish/wax with an old buffer, plus they're less likely to be careful not to hurt your car like you would be.

Newspeed

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
renegadex96 said:
i just wish that i had some friends who were mechanically inclined so i could do s**t to my car with them watching over my shoulder kinda thing guiding me

and and i wish i had a bunch of tools too...that's prolly the first thing i need to get

youre right tools and cars go hand in hand. the best thing to do is pick up some craftsmen or something similar and get a basic kit to start

and jezek i mean it simply looks beautiful and its not even done...you didnt mess around with this set-up the best of the best. what are you running for management? i couldnt find that anywhere

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you putting the stock carpet back in too? dont remember if that was covered..

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
:lol: I keep saying how great a clay bar is. It makes old paint look and feel new.

Oh yeah, and don't forget to at least put a nice coat of wax on her later too. (I usually wash, clay, polish, wax.) Don't wax anything with fresh paint though.
As much as I've read, I can now see why everyone loves the stuff. The paint looks better then when I got it fresh out the shop :lol: And yeah, the kit came with a bottle of wax too, so after I finish up I'll be putting it on =)

BlackHope121 said:
I just looked at the updated pics of the roll bar.. Doing that build looks like its mad fun..

I would love to do everything except rebuild the dash.. Putting a dash in looks like its gonna be a b***h... I wouldnt want to be bothered
Yeah, the pics are of it actually being test fitted. Now it's actually in. I can already see how this strengthens the chassis just tightening the bolts. I can't wait to do the rest of my suspension mods! The dash isn't too hard according to my friend, but that won't be done until the engine is in anyway...

renegadex96 said:

Yeah, I'm very fortunate to have the friends I have. In all honesty, I never use to do any work on my car...and being part of this is making it SO much more satisfying then just handing money to someone and having them do it. I can't describe how great it feels. And yeah, he has every tool imaginable which is great, since all I have is like a socket set :lol: Still shooting to have it out on 7psi this year. So I'll get one shoot out of it...it all depends on when certain companies get my stuff shipped to me :roll:

itsmycookie said:
roll bar looks awesome. are u going to remove the insulation on the firewall there behind the pedals? can;t believe u were riding on stock suspension.... ricer.
Thanks. Keeping the insulation...to the best of my knowledge. And the suspension was stock for painting the bay, retard :slap: lol

96 DX Hatch said:
you......and you make me want to try clay barring one of these days. I just can't stand the waxing part, takes me forever :(
DO it...it's SO worth it. Amazing stuff for real. I wanna do my parents cars too :lol:

Newspeed said:
and jezek i mean it simply looks beautiful and its not even done...you didnt mess around with this set-up the best of the best. what are you running for management? i couldnt find that anywhere
Thanks man...not cheap, but it'll be worth it =) I have a p28 with Hondata.

buzzbombtom said:
are you putting the stock carpet back in too? dont remember if that was covered..
Negative. No carpet.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You should pick up some of the NXT wax sometime. ;) The wax they included might be a cleaner wax. i'm not sure which kit you picked up but I know that's what the Mother's kit comes with.

The NXT wax lasts long (synthetic) and is easy to work with in different kinds of weather, unlike a lot of carnuba waxes. The polish will clear up the paint even more, mostly removing discoloration and smoothing it out a bit more. The order is wash, clay, polish, glaze (if you want/need to - Meguiar's Hand Polish doesn't need glaze usually), and then wax. Afterwards dress anything you might want to. I always wax door jams and such too. I'd have so much fun waxxing any exposed paint in your interior (once it's set)!

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i thought that you were gonna roll with front carpet,was this always the plan?

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ thanks for the tips =)
buzzbombtom said:
i thought that you were gonna roll with front carpet,was this always the plan?
You're on crack.

:lol:

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nurevEKcivic00 said:
how do u like the ksports and what spring rates do u have
Whateva they come with from the factory....maybe 10 f 6 r? I forget....they should say on the site...

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
--<EM1>-- said:
oh god..... reading > me. im gunna use the s200.
'tis what I have. Hondata s200b