JRSC clearence

vtecexcivic

5+ Year Member
a question for anyone that may be running a JRSC on a y8 motor. did anyone have any clearence issues with the pulley and the driver's shock tower? i was reading on honda-tech how some had clearence issues, but some were putting EG kits on the y8 motors. i was looking at a kit for sale locally but i wanted to see if i had to modify the shock tower to make room for the pulley. i read over the instructions and i didn't see anything mentioning clearence issues, but i want to be sure before i buy it.

thanks.

91civicfreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have seen videos and pictures of this. as far as i know you will need to mod that. I have just seen guys bang it in with a hammer, what method will you use?

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did anyone have any clearence issues with the pulley and the driver's shock tower? i was reading on honda-tech how some had clearence issues, but some were putting EG kits on the y8 motors. i was looking at a kit for sale locally but i wanted to see if i had to modify the shock tower to make room for the pulley. i read over the instructions and i didn't see anything mentioning clearence issues, but i want to be sure before i buy it.

thanks.
You were probably reading my posts on that S/C'd SOHC thread over on H-T. I have my y8 JRSC'd with an "EG" kit. Everything fits for the most part, but some of the sensirs were the OBD1 counterpart. No biggeie though.

I had to knock in the strut tower wall a little bit for clearance. Let's just say my neighbors could have been asking for a more quiet neighbor at 5am when my buddy and I realized this had to happen. We knocked it in with a decent sized hammer. Here's a pic:

I also had to cut off a little piece of a coolant port:

I also had to make a little bracket in order to get the P/S return line out of the way. That was until I just went ahead and removed it =)

Sweet: A quick vid, too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3j4-wEiuHY

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Edit: BTW, I actually bought this S/C off of someone here in the Classifieds. Good guy..... that reminds me, I never did a iTrader feedback for him.