JRSC Max Boost?

DatEM1

Was wondering what it was for the d series one. I know there is an 8 psi pulley but want to know if I can go higher.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im not positive but i know its over 8 psi, i think its 11psi unless you get a custom pulley

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Why bother, that tiny ass blower probably cant make more than 12-13psi and by then it's all hot air.

hgocasca

I have one, it isn't really made to make you haul ass. It's more for the wow factor and to give a little pep in your step when you're using the on-ramp. As blood said, it's hot air by the time you really push the blower. Spray will cool it down, but at that point I'd just spray it without the blower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DatEM1

Well mishimoto did an interesting test for under hood temps using their header wrap. It so happened that they used a JRSC d series in the test and it showed good results. And I know it's not meant to haul ass but a kid put out a little over 200hp and 170 torque on 9 psi with a fairly stock motor so idk. I think it has potential. Plus I really don't have money for built internals so I gotta play with the cards I was dealt.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^ This. There's more to it than just slapping it on there and driving away. Tuning is the most important part, and it comes at a price.

My buddy supercharged his 4.7 V8 Dakota with the smallest pulley the kit came with. He decided to beast around in it before getting it tuned. It lasted a week and he fried the motor. :roll:

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
When you start messing with forced induction and not tuning it, you're really playing with fire, in some cases, literally. When I swapped over my breathing mods on my WRX, ARC intake box, inlet, header, up pipe and full turbo back, the thing hauled ass and I thought it was the s**t. Then I did a pull on the highway and heard a pop and my check engine light came on. I ran it real lean and thankfully the pop was the ring blowing off the actuator arm and essentially putting my turbo into safe mode. Thing would have blown to pieces.

Point of the story: If you're going to do something, don't half ass it or you'll just end up with half an ass and you'll feel like a huge ass.

DatEM1

I don't plan on half assing anything and just because I don't have thousands of dollars to drop on a kit doesn't mean I can't run a forced induction setup. I will have the funds for everything including dyno time it will just require saving and acquiring things one at a time. Trust me whatever route I go I will spend the money to do it right. I just want it to be more budget friendly. There is nothing wrong with that.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I don't plan on half assing anything and just because I don't have thousands of dollars to drop on a kit doesn't mean I can't run a forced induction setup. I will have the funds for everything including dyno time it will just require saving and acquiring things one at a time. Trust me whatever route I go I will spend the money to do it right. I just want it to be more budget friendly. There is nothing wrong with that.
The fact that you are running a rare and not so effective setup is going to kill your budget.

DatEM1

Well it looks like I'm going to go for a build your own turbo kit instead. Only good named brand brand will be used. I actually this will be a more fun and satisfying route. But as I said nothing goes on the car until I have everything.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats perfectly fine, i didnt have the funds to outright buy my turbo setup. i bought part by part for over a year then installed it and ran on a basemap for a week until i had the time off from work and my appointment for the tune. personally i think the jrsc kits sound and look like s**t on hondas, maybe a different type of supercharger would sound better idk though? they do make the kraftworks civic super charger kits now if you want power off the line but turbos get better gas mileage and look/sound better i think.

you could always do an LHT intercooler setup on the jrsc but then the kit is really not worth it and you might as well get a turbo setup with fmic.