Juice's Eee Gee Ate

RoidBear

UrbanSleepers
Registered VIP
Congrats on getting that swap approved bro! Now THAT'S tight! Great progress too man, your car is looking too legit

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I suppose that's the trade off here in Michigan. We have to deal with rust, but wtf is a smog inspection? lmao

Axiom1

5+ Year Member
Nice build bro. Cant wait to see it dropped.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks guys. Yeah in Cali we don't really have inspections like some places do along with their emissions testing, you just need to get the engine certified if you do a swap.

Oh and did a Dash swap last weekend, $15 at the pick-n-pull labor day sale. Plan on turning my interior black so I'm gonna swap parts that are interchangeable between sedans and coupes and paint other stuff that I don't feel like buying or I can't get for my sedan like door panels, 4 door interior trim etc.

Dash is in great condition, that lil crease looking spot above the glove box is just light. Once I get the shifter console in black or painted I'll install the jdm audio console and I'm painting the glove box this weekend.

Also painted my airbag cuz it's cheaper, color match looks perfect to the naked eye, might not be though I'm not sure lol.

Old and new dashes

OTiS133

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
car looks great man. makes me miss my old EG8. good luck with the build and cant wait to see more.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks Otis, so update from last night:

So I'm not gonna say I'm the luckiest mofo ever when it comes to finding good deals but...

Skunk 2 Tuner Stage 1 Cams w/ about 2000miles

2.5" DC JDM 4-1 Header with dc 2.0" carb eo plate welded on

2.5 inch OEM Honda S2000 Catalytic converter and bpipe with magnaflow resonator (for delsol so will probably have to get it extended)

All for $650!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol the cams are worth that alone haha.

CodeName_EJ6

ASE Certified Mechanic
You are one lucky bastard juice. The DC headers alone is like 400 plus.. me and you need to kick it maybe some of your good luck will rub off on me

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha thank guys I have not idea how I find these deals especially this time since I wasn't even looking, just commented on honda-tech post about skunk2's last sale and some guy pm'd me. Turns out he lives about 10min from me and we got to talking and he gave me all this s**t for hella cheap. Also has a p72 with Hondata S300 and an RSX-S muffler I might get from him pretty cheap next paycheck

That being said the 02 sensor is in my cat for the obd1 GSR so should I put it into the s2k cat or put it into the dc header once I install this stuff?

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks guys. Totally forgot hella posts got deleted so I'll throw the pic of my strut bar back up.

And like I said I have no idea how I get this lucky, must just have good karma or something lol

OTiS133

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
awesome deals man. car is still looking great. you gonna take off the heat shield on the header when you install the dc one?

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I need to get a well below cost set of coilovers, wink, wink, nudge, nudge. =)

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha I'll see what I can do :thumbs up.

And yeah the heat shield's definitely coming off when the DC header gets put on, only reason I'd use a heat shield would be cuz it would technically have been illegal in CA but since it's got a carb # and its ceramic theres no point lol.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well figured I'd throw in an update. Nothing big, just ordered the spray gun from the above post. The devilbiss Starting line kit.

Also ordered some crower chromoly stock sized retainers to mate to the skunk2 valve springs ill eventually be getting for when i put my cams in.

Thats it for now. Oh and going to pick up a compressor tomorrow, hopefully it ll works out.