jury duty =(

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I gotta go tomorrow morning to see if my number will get chosen... I've never done this before. Has anyone ever actually gotten summoned for duty? Or were you lucky and walked away.

Do you have to wear something decent for just showing up? Would khakis, polo, and sneakers suffice? I hardly have any "nice" clothes and the only dress shoes I have are black and black do not match tan khaki's.....

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Jury duty rocks!! Then again I'm biased, if I get called into jury duty.....my employer still pays me for time missed.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol I'm a contractor and I think I get paid a maximum of $50 per day for 3 days :(. It sucks...I get boned.

Do I have to dress semi-nice?

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just get you a white tee and write on it I CONVICT EVERYBODY!! and you probably wont get picked!!:thumbs up

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just tell em you are racist, worked for me

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lol I'm a contractor and I think I get paid a maximum of $50 per day for 3 days :(. It sucks...I get boned.

Do I have to dress semi-nice?
Sh*t, that's better than a lot of people get.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm asian. Who the hell would I be racist against? White people? That's a given :lol: :lol:.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:bluelol:. "all ya'll crackers look the same to me. ya'll laugh like donkeys, burp and fart in public, and smell like b.o."

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got to exempt cause I was a student. Or you could go with what R3dline said, about being racist... you could say that you're Japanese and white people bring out kamakazie like tendencies lol :naughty:

(no offense to anybody that is actually japanese)

civic209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got jury duty once. Called a day before and said i didnt have to go. Dont you have to call ahead too and confirm it? Saved me a trip to the court house :D

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No you have to show up. If you want to postpone, you have to call a week in advance.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got picked once!

It was actually a great experience, and I would suggest trying to get on a jury to anyone...

I was on a sexual harrassment case, and it was very interesting. Lasted about a week. Got paid from the state and from work, but still would have been worth it if I didn't get paid.

Chances r u won't get picked though anyways...

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Speak with an accent, they let my cousin go. btw he speaks perfect English.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I didn't end up getting picked. But the process of who gets picked is actually interesting even though it is tedious and boring.

I got picked once!

It was actually a great experience, and I would suggest trying to get on a jury to anyone...

I was on a sexual harrassment case, and it was very interesting. Lasted about a week. Got paid from the state and from work, but still would have been worth it if I didn't get paid.

Chances r u won't get picked though anyways...
Towards the end, I actually kind of wished I got picked. I went into this thinking, "kill me now" but it actually got interesting once I learned the process and the point of being a juror. Having to be unbiased, not opinionated, etc... It would have been cool if I had gotten picked but I wasn't surprised I wasn't.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if no one ever participated.. you would lose the ability to be judged by your peers.. and the courts would have to change the entire system towards hired jurors or judges ruling.. the ability to have your peers decide your guilt is pretty critical to our legal system.. instead of trying to duck it.. go serve.. hopefully if you are ever tried you will get a jury who approaches the situation with seriousness..