Just bought a 1998 Civic DX, Need some advice! Thanks.

Kevin Glover

Hey guys! First off, how do you change your user-name here on the forum, I am new.

I am excited to of finally purchased my first Civic, after years of wanting one. I am really eager to get to work, fixing up the car, inside and out!

*EDIT* I found some parts that will work for what I need.

Spark Plugs - NGK V Power Spark Plug (ZFR5F-11) http://amzn.to/1puSfmq
Front Pads - Hawk HB218F.583 Brake Pads HPS http://amzn.to/1T3hx72
Front Rotors - Centric 120.40023 Premium Brake Rotor http://amzn.to/1pUMH5o
Back Drums - Centric 122.40009 Brake Drum http://amzn.to/1MiwYH2
Back Shoes - Centric Parts 111.05170 Brake Shoes http://amzn.to/1TYNBdx

Still need an OEM, or After-Market shift knob, since it's an automatic, and another AEM intake filter, but other than that, I think this should do good so far.

Last edited:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome to the forum! As far as advice goes, the best thing to do is research your butt off and read through older threads. Anything you can think of has likely been covered more times than any of us can count, so become very familiar with our search function.

User names are not something you can change. Let me know what you prefer it to be and I'll see what our senior moderators can do.

Kevin Glover

Welcome to the forum! As far as advice goes, the best thing to do is research your butt off and read through older threads. Anything you can think of has likely been covered more times than any of us can count, so become very familiar with our search function.

User names are not something you can change. Let me know what you prefer it to be and I'll see what our senior moderators can do.
Alright thank you very much! I also see a parts store on your site. I didn't see a function as of to how to purchase, but is that basically a recommended list of parts?

And ya, I am going to read up, and learn a lot more than I know now.

And by no means do I want to race this car or anything, maybe at the track in my town this summer, but I do want a cool car that I enjoy to drive around, and that's why I got a Civic, after years of wanting one. It's going to be fun, cause I get to work on it, and really make it mine.

For a Username, can I have SMOR3S

Thanks!!!

davidd_

How much did you purchase it for? Still looking for a Civic hatchback in my area. People are posting a few but want way more than they are worth.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Kevin Glover

How much did you purchase it for? Still looking for a Civic hatchback in my area. People are posting a few but want way more than they are worth.

I purchased the Civic for $900 on Craigslist.

It was the best deal I found for sure. I don't care about the EX trim, because I am not big into moon roofs, or power windows, I like old fashioned crank windows, because the only thing that could break is the crank handle, or the alignment of the windows. I am however going to swap the head from D16Y7 to D16Y8, which from what I read will give me the stock 127hp just like the EX trim, and I'll have VTEC, and all that good stuff. There are a lot of junk yards around here, so I like poking around places like that for cheap parts, or even cars sometimes. But check Craigslist for sure. You'll prob find a DX cheaper than an EX.

The Civic came with a bunch of aftermarket parts, which I am grateful the dude sold to me for the price I got it for. The color is Electron Pearl Blue, just like the Si, but some parts are fading, and it has a Carbon Fiber Hood, but the gloss coat is wearing off, so I gotta re-coat that, and Idk if I am going to keep the current color, it does have an Si front and back bumper, and also the left tail light is an Si one, the dude that had it before the guy I bought it from, was trying to make it look like an Si. But I think either White, Green, or Orange would look nice, still deciding haha. Glad there is a "Post your ride" section on here, give me ideas.

The car came with an AEM intake, and I think NGK plug wires are stock with Civics, cause I know NGK plugs are. But ya, I got a really good price, cause I told the dude my intentions, I wanted a project car, something I can be proud of working on. Sometimes you can negotiate the price lower even like that. Tell the dude you want the car to go to a good home, and you might walk away with it a few hundred cheaper.

If you need help finding a Civic, I can help. Just let me know what area you are looking in, What trim you want, what year, and I'll poke around. I can DM you the results I find, and go from there!

This is my first Civic, and I am loving it! Hope you find one you love also! :3

davidd_

I'm from Southern California and looking for a 96-00 DX hatchback. There are lot for sale out here but they want them for $2800+ and I don't see them worth that much. I try and talk them down but nothing. I just want a daily driver for work. Thanks I'm hoping I can find something for the right price.