Just Bought a 2005 Civic Si

ChanceMains

Hey guys, so i just picked up a 2005 civic si, silver in colour with just under 100,000 km. I want to slowly build it up little by little.....

I want to start with a decent set of wheels and tires and some lowering springs(not coils) followed by an exhaust system but some stuff that's not going to break the bank to much. I was looking at a few magna flow greedy exhausts but I honestly don't know where to start!

It would be wicked if anyone could give me some pointers on what's a good place to start the mods.

Cheers!

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Do you have any pics of the car? Well I started with suspension first. Makes the car a little more fun to drive. Is there a reason why you don't want coilovers?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^I agree with suspension. Suspension and a good wheel/tire combo will do wonders for your car. You can do intake/header/exhaust, but you won't get too much of a gain from it, and it's not as much fun. I think a nice drop makes all the difference, both in looks and in fun factor.

CreamCityEP

Yep I agree with suspension first also. A lot more fun and more noticable difference. You really wont get much from exhaust and intake. Intake especially since you have an Ep3 like me where the intake goes towards the firewall. I call mine a "hot air intake". If you want a cheap more sporty/lower suspension look into a A-spec rsx suspension kit. You have to get the bushings removed and switched with Ep3 bushings but this kit can be had for about $600. You will like that you're car is lowered instead of looking like a minivan.