Just bought it...what's next?

andylicious

New Civic Owner
5+ Year Member
Just bought my 05 Fiji Blue EX and am ready to have some fun with it. Need some ideas. Want a spoiler and fog lights. I assume they are easy to install. Should i get ventshades and a wind deflector for the sunroof? Thinking of blacking out the headlights...or should i just buy projectors?Oh...also need a new honda emblem for the steering wheel/airbag. Any other ideas for cheap enhancements? Don't have thousands to spend on wheels/turbo/etc, but want to make it a fun car to look at and even more importantly a fun car for me to drive!!!

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^Only you know what appeals to YOU! We can't tell you how to mod your car, your the one that has to live with it everyday.:slap:

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just drop it and put some decent wheels on it

thats it

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Next? Its time to pimp ze auto!

guerra

5+ Year Member
One was right but as far as suggestions, I got a stock spoiler that came with my car I wouldnt suggest getting one much bigger than that if you dont get an oem one. I hate huge wings for no reason. But again you can do what you want you have many options. Also whether its auto or manual, hope you have fun with either but manual is better.:D Dont black out the headlights for safety reasons but I am going to black (smoke) out my taillights soon most likely. Enjoy whatever you do

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Whats next is you learn how to use the search button and learn how to think for yourself....

andylicious

New Civic Owner
5+ Year Member
Def plan on OEM spoiler and foglights. What kinda cost am i looken at to drop it the 2" or so that eveyone seems to be suggesting? Can i do it myself or save the trouble and pay someone to do it. Not gonna black out the headlights, just take them apart and paint inside(not the circles). Just got the stuff to smoke the taillights. Any pics out there of window ventshades or wind deflector for the moon roof? not sure if i want to do either of those yet. Love the idea of the blue leds behind the gauges too.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I personally dont think that smoked tails or blacking out the headlights looks good on the fiji blue, but again, its your car.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
put in dot4 brake fluid, cause it is the sickest thing to do, like seriously.

Civic_Addict

Civic_Addict
5+ Year Member
Screw the spoiler! The stock is a good one to look at, but really my lx doesnt even have one and it looks way more stream-line. so just save your money for other mods, but if you reall want a spoiler that bad handa-accessories.com has the OEM spoiler and has them pre-painted for a price of course, but its way cheaper than having ordered it from the dealership. Good luck with your project!

andylicious

New Civic Owner
5+ Year Member
some early changes and possible plans

Okay...I got the OE spoiler at no charge cuz a buddy owns a body shop and i traded him some paint and clear and buffing compound for it. I put 2.5% tint on the back 3 windows. Also having my buddy smoke the taillights for me.

Here are the changes i am thinking about...anybody done them or have recommendations would be nice help.

PIAA Blue headlamps with DIY blacked out OE housings
K&N Intake..I believe part number is 691008TS
Magnaflow 15712 or DC Sports SCS7024 Exhaust
B&G Suspension - 281069 - 1.6" Drop
Grillcraft Black Mesh Grille - HON1109B - Not sure about this one...

Thanks for the help.

5+ Year Member
drop it, put a fog lights and 17 inch rims

Just bought my 05 Fiji Blue EX and am ready to have some fun with it. Need some ideas. Want a spoiler and fog lights. I assume they are easy to install. Should i get ventshades and a wind deflector for the sunroof? Thinking of blacking out the headlights...or should i just buy projectors?Oh...also need a new honda emblem for the steering wheel/airbag. Any other ideas for cheap enhancements? Don't have thousands to spend on wheels/turbo/etc, but want to make it a fun car to look at and even more importantly a fun car for me to drive!!!

falcon

uber noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oem fogs are on sale for 180ish
ebay fogs are cheap 40 shipped

but you basically have to make a new wiring harness, which i guess was beneficial to learn how to...

i recommend gc+koni. i have stechs and i'm not satisfied with the drop.

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
reading through the thread someone said pay it off. i completly agree. if i had the money i've spent on mods back, my car would be paid off by now. live and learn. but if you paid cash for it and it is paid off and you just want to have fun with the car, i would start with suspension first, even a slow car w/ a good suspension set up is hella fun to drive. there's nothing like taking a turn faster than you legally should and knowing your rubber will stay planted. speaking of which i need to get som sway bars.....

anyway, ignore the haters and welcome to CC. search around in the members ride section may give you some inspiration.

JDP-OMC

Think u should go with projectors..jus my opinion..cuz like da other guys said its really up 2 u..if u gotta vision on how u want it 2 look go 4 it...I kno ill be gettin my projectors soon :-)