Just bought my civic need advice!!!

civickidd99

not fast, but it's paid 4
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome to the world! I have 15" 99-00 si's and love them. Like it was said earlier, get an intake. Your engine is like a living thing, the more it breathes, the better it runs. Just do me a favor and don't run open throttle body, You NEED a filter. Go check out the noob forum and do searches and you'll learn a chitload. Good luck!

TRI EK

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think my APEXi N1 sounds awesome. but in the future im gonna step up to a titanium, most likely a JIC.

saranaz86

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mahlmann said:
Yeh, the engine sound after the intake is def louder, mine makes a "hissing" noise when i bring the rpm's up, sounds pretty cool...

96greencivic: i found what i did to be the best sound comming from an exhaust IMO, but the cat and the resonator mid-way are stock, so is all the piping. i think thats why it's such a good sound. here's a link to one site with the monza shtuff on there. the third picture down, smallest size.
http://www.pacesetterexhaust.com/monza/tips.html
how are the pacesetter tips.....i HAD the full monza system on my civic (98 ex)....didnt like it at all...sounded like a weed wacker.....so had 2.5 stainless steel ran ...with a tsudo fireball tip on it....nice deep tone...plus the tip on the pasesetter rusted out ..eventually the part that held it on to its muffler...rusted......pacesetter :oops: