Just Bought New (to me) 2013 Honda Civic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suz

2013 Honda Civic LX 4Dr. Sedan with 8400 mi. Paid upper 14s for it. A little more than I want to pay monthly for it after all was said and done after 4K down. It was a lease vehicle before in IMMACULATE condition when I bought it. No dings, no stains, no NOTHING wrong with it Even my mechanic says it's as close to perfect as a used car gets. EXCEPT for 1 thing. I'm not new to Honda I've owned 3 of them. And Honda is one of the FEW brands I'm loyal to, period!! BUT....my last car was a Honda FIT. I loved it. It came with a 5-yr 100K warranty. I've noticed manufacturers are starting to drop these warranties hence 3 years/60K miles on this "new" one. So long story short, my warranty would have been up before I even made by first payment. I went ahead and let the dealership talk me into a 100k/7r ext. warranty. Please tell me I did the right thing? Also know this about me, I commute 54 mi round trip every day via interstate. I needed peace-of-mind.

Attachments

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome aboard, Suz:welcome:

Your warranty is only as valuable as what it covers and what voids it. If youre not mechanically inclined then its probably worth it.

dancam

Registered VIP
Agreed, depends what it covers and doesn't cover and how many hundred things void it. Also depends how decent your dealership is. I used to work at a bodyshop and we would hear stories all day long about dealerships not honouring warranties. A warranty that covers parts and no labour is also worthless.
You paid a ton for that car so if Warranty is the most important thing about it to you make sure you know it inside and out and as soon as the very slightest issue happens take it in and let them hose you to fix it. And do everything they require to keep it unvoided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.