just got a 94 sedan

German to Japan

5+ Year Member
So I got this 94 civic lx sedan in trade for my 97 celica. It an automatic which sucks:evil: but I'm going to be commuting with it and will be installing a manual tranny soon. I'm going to be slamming it, painting it, getting some wheels, and installing the si brakes I got with it. I am considering putting my b18a1 in it that I had for another project. Feel free to hate it is a pos

TheExtra

5+ Year Member
i know its kinda ugly for now but could you show like the entire car or something? The side view is good but not enough for me to see!!
(Unless ofcourse one of the pics didnt want to load on my pc then nevermind lolz)

German to Japan

5+ Year Member

One of the previous owners just didn't stop so now I have a really long dent on the drivers side. Then another one of the owners decided he knew how to wire a car better than Honda so the cooling fans are always on and who knows what else.Look at the way they wired the fans.

TheExtra

5+ Year Member
lol maybe he wired the fans like that because the engine kept heating and he didnt want to bother to do it the right way to fix the issue?
Oh and thank you for the full body pics. Those previous owners sure did a number on that poor car, i hope you dont feel overwhelmed and give up on the project. Should maybe cover your license plates.

German to Japan

5+ Year Member
I saw the wiring and just was like damn this guy was stupid the radio is all messed up to. Thanks for pointing out the license plate thing forgot lol

kevoSi

5+ Year Member
Why is showing your license plate bad?
Anyone on the street would see it..
Oh well, the one shown in my pics is old and has no meaning.

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why is showing your license plate bad?
Anyone on the street would see it..
Oh well, the one shown in my pics is old and has no meaning.
Personal identity issue...

and OP, looks like a great project that's gonna need a lot of work! looks like fun tho... you plan on putting the b-series in there??? Can't wait to see the progress with it...

German to Japan

5+ Year Member
I think there are issues with that motor because it is obd 0 and my car is obd 1 but it would be nice to have a stick shift tranny and a little bit more displacement. I have a new radiator coming wednesday and then I am smogging it thurs or friday. The plan is to get three doors because all but the front passenger are messed up beyond what I feel like fixing. I guess I will try to fix the quarter panel through the trunk and then bondo what I can't fix. The nice thing is the interior cleaned up super nice. Has any one on here used blackworks racing coilovers? I found a great deal on them and might pick them up

German to Japan

5+ Year Member
Radiator arrived a few days early so installed that and changed the oil. On my way to pick up three new doors that are hopefully not in to bad of shape, can't be worse than whats on it!

German to Japan

5+ Year Member
The doors are like new wish he hadn't sold the fourth door. I scored because they were also off of a lx so they have the motors for the windows and they are in great shape. I will be smogging it in the next couple of days.

German to Japan

5+ Year Member
Today in my electrical class I tested the alternator, battery, and starter. I pulled the starterbecause it was something my teacher wanted us to do. Every thing passed although I am going to need a new positive cable since the corrosion has traveled up the actual cable an inch or two.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
good luck with the ride man

German to Japan

5+ Year Member
Yes it does need a LOT of work. If it fails again I am going to get something else like a crx. to be honest I wouldn't mind if it failed.

Sm0ked0uTCiViC

Suck Ass Evil Pooper!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nothing a little TLC cant take care of! I was in the same boat with my integra so i know how it is! Nice purchase and good luck with the project!

German to Japan

5+ Year Member
It wasn't a purchase i was being a good friend taking it in trade on my celica. I just would rather have something I really wanted but it is a lot of fun to work on. Plus I get to spend time with my dad which a lot of people don't.