Just got HID's

Mahlmann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do you have any pics of them shining on the road and against the wall? i am very interested in checkin the yard out myself

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea..need some pics of them shinning on a wall and road..

2GCIVI

4 show till tickets go
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if it wasn't so f**king cold out right now I would do it. yea I live in VA and two days ago it was 70 degrees. Gunna take a little bit before I get used to the 30's

2GCIVI

4 show till tickets go
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
[civic] said:
Looking good.

The silverstars I have are white as hell too. I just looked at mine tonight and it made me think twice after I bought it. Mine should arrive tommorow.
Can't wait to see what yours look like. people flash me all the time now so I can't imagine what they will do to yours. Are silverstars HID's or are they just regular bulbs?

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2GCIVI said:
Can't wait to see what yours look like. people flash me all the time now so I can't imagine what they will do to yours. Are silverstars HID's or are they just regular bulbs?

The bulbs I have on now are sylverstar bulbs. The kit I got is a McCulloch HID kit 6000k. Its like crystal white.

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea pics of the wall, but they look real good. I want some

Green DX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The lights look good even though they are blinding other drivers. I might do that and get some. I have projectors though. Do you have pictures of what you did to install the bulbs. What did you dremel out?? I don't think the junk yards here will sell them that cheap. Good buy.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Green DX said:
The lights look good even though they are blinding other drivers. I might do that and get some. I have projectors though. Do you have pictures of what you did to install the bulbs. What did you dremel out?? I don't think the junk yards here will sell them that cheap. Good buy.
If u have angel projectors then u going to be gettin terrible glare...unless u retro the HID projector in there.

2GCIVI

4 show till tickets go
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Green DX said:
There is a silver metal ring that the actual bulb fits into that is smaller than that of the TL. Not by much but just enough for the fit to be off. The installation was so easy that after everything it really only took me an hour for both lights. The rubber piece that seals everything in stuck out a little and I had the wires for the HID's coming out of the bottom. Overall it was very clean

Green DX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a 95 civic, with shark eyes projectors. I wonder if it will look nice even with the glares. I'm sure it won't come out that bad. Besides the bulbs for my projectors aren't H4, its H3 for low beam and H1 for high beams.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
okay explain something to me... does the rating have to do with what color they are?

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shiznit028 said:
okay explain something to me... does the rating have to do with what color they are?
Yes.....
look at this pic see where 4100-4300 land on the whiteish spot and produces better output....as it goes higher less visibilty comes.

2GCIVI

4 show till tickets go
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Green DX said:
I have a 95 civic, with shark eyes projectors. I wonder if it will look nice even with the glares. I'm sure it won't come out that bad. Besides the bulbs for my projectors aren't H4, its H3 for low beam and H1 for high beams.
well I don't have high beams anymore so not sure if that makes a difference

2GCIVI

4 show till tickets go
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LatinEM1 said:
Yes.....
look at this pic see where 4100-4300 land on the whiteish spot and produces better output....as it goes higher less visibilty comes.
I always wondered where that number came from

evilEK98

I
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive heard that ek's light pattern is bad with Hids as in that they will light up the bottom of overpasses
but thaeey still look cool as heck

2GCIVI

4 show till tickets go
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
evilEK98 said:
ive heard that ek's light pattern is bad with Hids as in that they will light up the bottom of overpasses
but thaeey still look cool as heck
I had to angle mine down a little because they were lighting up everything

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2GCIVI said:
I had to angle mine down a little because they were lighting up everything

Tell me about it. I lit up signs for everyone and also light up 4 lanes.

Which direction did you turn to lower the angle? I havent got to that yet but I dont wanna guess when I do so.

Imagine you were looking over from the passensger side, standing in front of the bumper. Turn left or turn right?

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
badboy4life96 said:
i got 8000k hidz and i fukin hate em
they r too dark
i wish i had bought the 6500k ones :(
Do you have a pic against a wall...loos like you have major scatter... :shock: