Just Got Paid (Opinion Thread)

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I would but I plan on keeping my first car for the rest of my life so might as well put money into it. I have plenty of time so save money. I'm only gonna put money into this car until I'm 25 because thats when I plan to get a new one. I'm 19 now.
I can't guarantee how long you're going to live, but the reset of your life could be a pretty damn long time. Trust me, there's other people who felt the same way as you...and the overwhelming odds are that you won't keep it terribly long. Even if you decide to spend some of it, save some as well. Bare minimum, if you can, you should save at least 10% of each check.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Here's what i've learned over the last several years as I've gotten into progressively better and better jobs. Your taste for cars and mods will grow just as your pay checks do. $350/pay day now might be $3,500/pay day a few years down the road. If you must spend it, get something you'll want even when you start making real money. Something you can afford now that even the most experienced people would agree on: Springs/suspension (buy used), tint, tune up, then save for some decent wheels which if you watch the for sale sections around the net like a hawk you'll find amazing deals. Don't go all ricer and spend your $300 at autozone unless it's on tune up gear. Oil, filters, gaskets, etc.

Soon enough your car will be more valuable and when you go to any car meets, you'll gain respect! Now... Go DO WORK!

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
Here's what i've learned over the last several years as I've gotten into progressively better and better jobs. Your taste for cars and mods will grow just as your pay checks do. $350/pay day now might be $3,500/pay day a few years down the road. If you must spend it, get something you'll want even when you start making real money. Something you can afford now that even the most experienced people would agree on: Springs/suspension (buy used), tint, tune up, then save for some decent wheels which if you watch the for sale sections around the net like a hawk you'll find amazing deals. Don't go all ricer and spend your $300 at autozone unless it's on tune up gear. Oil, filters, gaskets, etc.

Soon enough your car will be more valuable and when you go to any car meets, you'll gain respect! Now... Go DO WORK!
No I dont even look at autozone stuff...... I plan on buying 06+ rear and front seats to go into my car. I have a set of muteki rims I bought for $220 that need tires, that I plan on being rims that I only use during winter. I plan on buying 99-00 front end conversion and a B18C. I'm not trynna rice out my car what so ever I want it to look somewhat like an Si but with my own lil personality put into it.

Themegajosh09

Stuff to lower your car! I got some loteks. And cool overs from eBay for like 220 shipped. Everyone hates on eBay but when ur a college student u got to go cheap. Plus they ride great and I'm really happy with them

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
Stuff to lower your car! I got some loteks. And cool overs from eBay for like 220 shipped. Everyone hates on eBay but when ur a college student u got to go cheap. Plus they ride great and I'm really happy with them
My car was already somewhat lowered when I got it tho like it grounds out very easy and hits behind other cars in the parking lot. So I want to invest in other stuff before I got there.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
Well this is what I bought with my pay check.

That isnt the exact pic, but they need cleaned and to small burn holes patched. They cost me $250 including shipping and I bought the rear ones before the fronts because they were harder for me to find then the front ones. For everyone one that doesn't know they are the rear seats out of the 06+ Si and they will go perfect with the black and red Ek I am starting to build =)

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I used to buy strictly one thing per check, expensive or not. But just save it. I spent a lot on my car cuhz I know I'll never sell it. When I do grow tired of it, I'll just throw it in my garage.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
I used to buy strictly one thing per check, expensive or not. But just save it. I spent a lot on my car cuhz I know I'll never sell it. When I do grow tired of it, I'll just throw it in my garage.
I plan on never selling my car also. The reason I'm putting alot of money into it now is because I plan on driving it daily till I graduate college then I plan on getting a new car and having this as a car that I drive just for fun or maybe just when I have my daughter because I may go to a 2 seater when I get a new car.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
I need suggestions for improving my engine! I still have the original and I want to swap it but idk yet

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
What are you goals, and what is your budget?

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
What are you goals, and what is your budget?
I really don't have any goals just want something that looks and drives good.

With the outside I plan on getting this:

excluding the rear fenders and roof scope but including the front fenders and front lip or going with a 99-00 Si look.

The interior is going to be painted black with black floors and ceiling. The seats will be 06+ Si's.

I don't know what I want to do with engine yet. I want to swap a Vtech in. The one I really wan is a B18C but they aren't cheap.

Basically I need suggestions with the whole engine.

Darth_Civic

I really don't have any goals just want something that looks and drives good.

With the outside I plan on getting this:

excluding the rear fenders and roof scope but including the front fenders and front lip or going with a 99-00 Si look.

The interior is going to be painted black with black floors and ceiling. The seats will be 06+ Si's.

I don't know what I want to do with engine yet. I want to swap a Vtech in. The one I really wan is a B18C but they aren't cheap.

Basically I need suggestions with the whole engine.
if you want something that looks good stay away from that body kit! you said you wouldn't rice it out :roll:

if you want something that drives nice save for five months its not funny thats what a b18c1 costs

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
if you want something that looks good stay away from that body kit! you said you wouldn't rice it out :roll:

if you want something that drives nice save for five months its not funny thats what a b18c1 costs
I was laughing because I didnt think they would want to wait that long for me to save up all that..... I know the cost of those engines they are a good 3-4k

and what really is the definition of a ricer? The one someone told me was completely different then the one that you are going with.....

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you get a kit, make sure its a genuine kit from a reputable brand. Otherwise, you'll have fitment issues and wavy panels.