just got ripped off

trunkmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn so me and dad bought a motor from this shop wit so-called garanteed on it a couple of week back. then we finally go the motor in and try to run it today and found out today the motor had blown headgasket and the fuc*er who sold it to me cancelled his fone cus i tried to call him the next day so couple weeks later which is today i found his shop number and called and he said he can only give me half of wut i paid for cus its been a while he does'nt noe wut i did to the motor!!! wut should i do now!!! sell the car?

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Take him to small claims court. If you have a written guarantee, he will have something to worry about.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a head gasket isn't much work. Its alot less work then people make it out to be.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oem head gasket = $60-70 bucks
time = 1h 48m
experience gained = priceless

StrangeWill

5+ Year Member
oem head gasket = $60-70 bucks
time = 1h 48m
experience gained = priceless
Agreed, experience on working on your own car is pretty useful...

However, with a guarantee, I'd take the guy to court and make him pay to have a professional fix it.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
first politely ask him to fix the problem. if he doesnt then say that you will be takin him to small claims court on his guarentee. this might make him think about it and go ahead and fix it and could be bad publicity for his shop if you win. if he doesnt then take him to court.

if you dont have an written guarentee then the court might throw it out. and so id just fix it

mark84

5+ Year Member
first politely ask him to fix the problem. if he doesnt then say that you will be takin him to small claims court on his guarentee. this might make him think about it and go ahead and fix it and could be bad publicity for his shop if you win. if he doesnt then take him to court.

If you don't have an written guarentee then the court might throw it out. and so id just fix it
^ exactly, if you don't have a written guarantee or some paper that saids the company is responsible for any defect, You basically just got f**ked in the ass, No homo. And theres nothing you can do about it... except fix it with your own money.

PICKLED

El mero mero Aguacatero
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You know where this dude works so why don't you just f**k him up?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Take a bat to his face.

Id ask him politely for him to pay for half of the blown headgasket. If he doesn't want to get a little more angry then threaten to take him to small claims court.

If nothing happens, fix it, then take him to small claims court and SAVE ALL YOUR RECEIPTS. Write down dates that you visited him to politely ask him to fix your headgasket.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
forget honda oem... go to autozone and get a oem gasket from them. Felpro is a good brand, they have the gaskets for like 20 bucks.

mark84

5+ Year Member
nothing can beat a honda oem product.. If you have no money, well go to advance auto parts and purchase one.

mark84

5+ Year Member
You "Shot The f**k Up" You couldn't spell it out You little f**k face??...If your buying parts for your car ( not upgrade parts). It's best to go to a Honda dealership and get the oem product instead of a replica. Because thats all your getting at auto store, REPLICAS!!....Thats like saying ITR replica pistons ( which you can buy at discount auto part store) are better or the same as JDM ITR pistons...

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Next one to name call WILL get an infraction.

Be thankful it was only a head gasket.