just making sure on a zc swap

D16A6civicsi899

dont let v-tech bite you
5+ Year Member
i am getting a DOHC zc motor, but i have heard some things that are now confusing me. when i first heard about the motor i heard it was a direct bolt up to a 4th gen civic, but now i am hearing that it wont bolt up to it, so i was wondering which is true will it, or will it not bolt up thank you

jdmzc

5+ Year Member
The obd0 dohc zc will bolt directly into 4th gen's. The obd1 will not. obd0's have the cam angle sensor on the exhaust cam while obd1's do not.

senatE

Titanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
want to buy my chipped ecu for the zc?

senatE

Titanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my friends says 200 but i say 100? plus shipping?

senatE

Titanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
blah i dont f**kin know.

Last edited:

SilentMist

10 psi seems like a dream
Obd0 and OBD1 DOHC ZC Motor will bolt directly into your Hatch its the Acura Integras d16a9 or what ever there block code is that will not directly bolt in to your car in other words the old skool integra with the zc`s in em wont directly bolt in .

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the OBD1 motro WILL NOT bolt right in.

you need to change the mount brackets on the block, and the hydro OBD1 tranny will not bolt in to pre92

D16a1 from 86-89 integra will not bolt in.

D16a9 WILL(Euro ZC)

D16A6civicsi899

dont let v-tech bite you
5+ Year Member
its a jdm zc motor and from what i hear the si wire harness wont work in it i am not sure if it is 0bd0 or 0bd1 but ya is that true also?

AGStylez

Custom Beats JDM
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
o.0 weird, i have the obd0 jdm zc and it bolted in w/o anything. only thing i had to swap out were the axles since i'm using the zc tranny.