Just painted. when is it safe to wash?

civic939

Drive Fast Or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just got my civic painted 3 weeks ago. it looks great and i got a really good deal. my bro works at the honda shop here and his buddy works in the body department. i got the whole car painted, rust fixed and everything for $250. and let me tell you. before the car got painted it was in some rough shape. anyways.....i was wondering how long you are suppose to wait untill you can wash the car with a pressure hose. i dont go to an automatic car wash but i do like to go and spray it down. when is that safe to do?

bluferio

turbo ferio
5+ Year Member
they usually say 2 weeks to a month depending on the clear used.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I personally wouldn't use a pressure washer to wash my car. I only use a gentle stream of water on the paint. High pressure can damag your paint.

I'd wait a month though.

white2000

3 motors and 34k miles
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea, those pressure washers are for dirty driveways and wood decks, not your paint...plus you'll always be happier with the results of washing it yourself.

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wouldn't recommend pressure, your supposed to let it set first. your supposed to just wash with water for about 30 days i think, then wait 60 days until you can you use water+soap, then i think 120 or 180 days till wax.

fgraciano1980

keepin' it clean!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
c_diddy said:
i wouldn't recommend pressure, your supposed to let it set first. your supposed to just wash with water for about 30 days i think, then wait 60 days until you can you use water+soap, then i think 120 or 180 days till wax.
:werd:

AlbusAngelus

Project B18-T
5+ Year Member
Pressire washers sound like a good idea...fast and easy... but devastating..... Please don't hurt your poor Honda with a pressure washer.... :(

JCrimson

www.jcrimson.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can hand wash it with a soft cloth or spunge with water only 2 weeks after the paint job. now as far as soap goes, wait a total of 90 days after the car was painted.

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cold water only on new paint. soap and wax like diddy said

Sandals

c_diddy said:
Im not 100 percent sure aboutu the wax but hey its better to be safe than sorry.

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just had my quarter painted, wash it day of and no wax for a month...

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you got a hell of a deal for 250 and getting the whole car painted at honda , lucky :(

Dr.Anus

proctologist
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No, Nooo, bad owner [smacks with rolled up newspaper]

Never use a pressure washer on your car! That is probably why your cars paint job was in such poor shape in the first place. Please wash gently with the proper car soap, not detergant, and wait 3-4 months before applying wax to allow the paint to cure.

crizy23

Civics Rule
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When I got my car painted they told me to wait a week and to get the best results once it had a month have a professional buff it with water and that will bring out the paint of the car....

JDMsta

CC's Assologist
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
civic939 said:
i just got my civic painted 3 weeks ago. it looks great and i got a really good deal. my bro works at the honda shop here and his buddy works in the body department. i got the whole car painted, rust fixed and everything for $250. and let me tell you. before the car got painted it was in some rough shape. anyways.....i was wondering how long you are suppose to wait untill you can wash the car with a pressure hose. i dont go to an automatic car wash but i do like to go and spray it down. when is that safe to do?
$250? to paint the whole car? :wtf: I thought $2000 to paint my car was a good deal...shoooooot can i see some pics

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, 250 for the entire car.... maybe he's missing a zero in there? s**t I paid 150 to have my rear quarter painted, but I've got an '04 audi paint thats a bit more expensive and they wanted 3K to do the entire car.

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just resprayed my car and fixed all the dents, I was told not to wash it for a week or 2 and wait a month for wax

civic939

Drive Fast Or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you heard right, and its not a typo. $250 for the whole car, rust fixed, dents pulled and everything. and it was done by the guys at Williams Honda. my brother works there as a service tech and he hooked it up.

Before

After 1

After 2

After 3

After 4

Thanks everyone for all the advice on washing and waxing.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
idk about repainting it purple but i guess the quality looks good from here....