just purchased 95 civic dx 4 dr automatic...grinding in front end..new to forum

LoveTesla

Traded straight title for title 2005 yamaha blaster for 95 civic for my daughters first car.
Well I replaced thd starter and starter relay, fires right up..now the 2 fans do not work...and when
I drove it. I hear grinding noise from front end. Im not a honda suavy..I own a 208 toyota tundra sr5 long bed extra cab v8 big difference. Anyhow I grab the front drivers side wheel and it moves a little back and forth. Now today I am going to replace the wheel bearings and hubs. Anything else I could try before breaking into it
And spending the money. The body is in good condition...engine. sounds good except the two fans not working. It will be worth the time and effort when I get all the bugs and fixes to see the smile on her face.
Thanks in advance
Jim

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
You have to pinpoint where this "grinding" is coming from if it even a grind to begin with. A "noise" from the engine bay can be hundreds of things.

The fans not working can also be several things, if you google "civic fans not working" roughly 20 threads will pop up of what the issues could be.

Good luck.

LoveTesla

You have to pinpoint where this "grinding" is coming from if it even a grind to begin with. A "noise" from the engine bay can be hundreds of things.

The fans not working can also be several things, if you google "civic fans not working" roughly 20 threads will pop up of what the issues could be.

Good luck.
The grinding is definitely coming from front drivers wheel....the rubber boot is gone and it looks like metal scraping inside wheel well...also I grab wheel and tire and it moves just by giving a little push side to side....I think im gonna start by replacing both front hub assembly I found them for about 50 bucks hub and bearings

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Well you have decent troubleshooting ability. Civics are easy to work on and cheap to boot. The fan issue (bad switch, dead fan etc.) won't be expensive either.

GooseS2000

SourPatchKid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u could just jump the fans and just have them running all the time.

LoveTesla

Well fans are fixed. But having trouble finding front wheel hubs for some reason they are a dealer part and each hub is 156.00...to much for me. So I bought the bearings to start the troubleshooting...next is the tie rod then cv axel.

I took the hubs off the otber day and the spindle nut on drivers side was not even hand tight...and I drove it on the freeway...I went back to were I bought it and demanded 500.00 or my quad back...got 500.00..still it should not of been sold like that.
Any hoot let ya know what happens=)