just some questions

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I got these set of wheels used and I'm in the process of restoring them now before sanding them down etc I went and got the tires removed. Now when I got them back I still had to remove the valve stems and these are it:

Now I have never dealt with these kinda valve stems and I'm just wondering if I'll be able to use your regular everyday valve stems and if not which ones do I get and where do I order from?

Also so I don't make different threads what tire size should I go with I have an em1 with basically a 2" drop the new rims are 16", I dont want to be sitting too low nor do I want alot of tire I was thinkin 205/55/16?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've personally never seen valve stems like that before... I use regular valvestems you get at any tire shop, even with my summer performance tires.

205/45/16 is the closest you can get to OEM size. 205/55 is going to look pretty big IMHO. I also think 205/45/16 looks the best for 6th gen. If you want a little more comfort, I don't see why you couldn't up to 205/50.

meek61480

98 civic hb b16a
that is just a different style of valve stem. most people put in metal ones for looks, i would go with the enkie style ones if i were you. they bolt in from the top rather than the bottom. ( sorry, tire guy for 12 yrs, had to chime in)

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
With my experience, those valve stems suck. They tend to leak air quite often. The best are the typical rubber ones. The Enkie ones are the only ones like those that seem to hold air well. Just use the rubber ones.

As for tire size, according to Tire Rack, you need a 215/50R16. I'm assuming you have an '05 Civic going by your user name.