K2 Motor Headlight and grill Question

packers#1

I'm sorry this is back to back threads, but I really want some opinions on these headlights and grill I'm thinking about getting for my 1996 EX Sedan. I'm not sure about the typical market price, but from what I've seen in my limited experience, these seem pretty good.
First, here's the grill
http://k2motor.com/hg-cv96mu-rs.html
And here's the headlights as well
http://k2motor.com/2lhcv96ks.html
Has anyone bought these or had a friend who bought these and what were your/their thoughts on these products?
Thanks in advance for any/all help! :lol: Hopefully I'm not pissing y'all off, I just don't want to spend good money on bad junk

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
K2 is an ebay brand, thus the reason their products are cheap. The grill is probably ok, as long as it fits, but the headlights are a waste of money. Its really hit or miss with ebay headlights, so its up to you.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have the fogs. and the wiring is junk on them. save up a few bucks and buy a set from a junk yard and do the diy black housing and/or projector retrofit.

packers#1

Thank ya sir, the grill is so inexpensive, it's a reasonable gamble. Now those headlights, thanks for the save. Any advice on good Euro headlights then? I want to keep a near-stock look, but the lenses on mine are yellowed, I think on the inside as well, and I'd really like to get a good, clean looking front end on the Civic.
lotz, I've already got the stock set on my car. I don't really want to do a black housing deal because my car is white, so chrome is going to work a lot better in terms of what I want for looks. Any good way to at least get rid of the yellowing on the lenses, other than the kits I see commercials for on SPEED?

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
The refinishing kits work for a while, but its kinda pointless because what you are doing is taking off the layer of UV protection, so it doesn't last more than a year. Just look at the classifieds on this site or another forum, like honda-tech, people are always selling headlights.

kid2006

ughh.. get rid of the vertical lines on the grille and the horizonal orange sidemarker on the headlamps and you're good.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
ughh.. get rid of the vertical lines on the grille and the horizonal orange sidemarker on the headlamps and you're good.
The vertical lines are a Mugen style, i kinda like it on some civics. I didn't think the headlights looked bad at all, they're not OE, but they were still clean imo

packers#1

I like the vertical grill lines as well, more so than the plain mesh. I'm planning on painting it white as well, and then the vertical lines should stand out while being understated as well. As for the headlights, I don't really like the look those projectors give you, they look like a bug imo

deevibez17

1999 Civic Hx
5+ Year Member
I ordered black housing headlights from them for a 99 civic, clean n fits like stock.