nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
k24 block with k20 head

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Which K24 block and K20 Head are you talking about? Each has different specs therefore different compression ratios. Different compression ratios will equal different power and torque curves, especially when you're talking about which crank and connecting rod you choose. Which head and block you use will also determine if your frankenengine will be boost friendly or strictly NA.

philly.sir

i was planning to put turbo on w.e k's im gonna get, when u franken k series, is it better to combine them or to keep them original?

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
If you are definitely turboing, I would suggest the K20A3. It has the lowest compression and will be more turbo friendly. I would not suggest a Franken K-Series (K24/K20 Hybrid) for turbo, but it can be done, just under a higher octane gas than the straight K20A3. Also, any Honda Engine can take a decent amount of boost with stock internals, just make sure when tuning, basemap can be off a dyno, but when fine tuning, I would highly recommend datalogging from street pulls as opposed to dyno pulls and tuning from that. Also, a Wideband O2 Gauge mounted in-car is also recommended.