K20, K24, H22 witch is the better motor>?

91sib16

5+ Year Member
I've been really wondering witch motor is better. Alot of people are going K series over the H22. There all about the same power, so what do you guys think is a better swap> H22, K20 type S, k24

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Based on what criteria?

They all have their pros and cons.

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
It's all personal preference bro...

My preference would def be K20A or K24 frank swap.:cool:

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
+1, a k24 block with a k20 head upt out near 300whp.

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Personally Im a fan of both the K24/K20 Frank and the H22. K24/K20 Frank power output is great but depending on what its in I've seen stock H22's run with SR20 powered 240s. Its all in your personal perference though

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
H2B would be ideal to be overall better then a K20...but all joking aside...the D15b is the champ.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you know which engine is best? the search engine.

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
K24 tsx bottom end coupled with a K20 rsx-s top end and an rsx-s tranny. in a crx, 4th or 5th gen hatch. what do you think about that. either way with a k24 your going to have to cut a hole in the hood, the block is about 2 1/2 inches higher

but i would say gsr swap, because to me the gsr motor was the best motor honda made mid 80's all the way until the turn of the twenty first century, it is affordable, easy to swap, great to build and boost, overall just the best. the type r motor is just way to expensive and it is basically just a built gsr anyway, plus its becoming more rare thus more expensive ftl

DC5er

5+ Year Member
I agree with going with a B18 engine, as there are more parts floating around, more options, as of right now, the tranny for a k20a2 sucks, 2nd and 4th gears have problems when boosting over 260HP. They're just not able to handle that much HP, guy who blew 3 tranny's had 290whp so he had 310+hp.

I think the B18 is a really good engine, but the K-series engines are were it's gonna be at, it's just gonna take time for them to build up more aftermarket parts. People do it, but it costs so much more then dropping a B18 into your Civic and putting a turbo, I think the price would be less then a turbo setup on a k20a2(parts, labor +tuning)

that's my 2 cents.........don't hate, haha

pranknwangsta

5+ Year Member
but doesn't the h22aS have like 220 bhp@7200 n the type s k has 200bhp@7400 the main difference is the torque n a couple thousand dollars there in lies my frustration. but dude either way every body n their grandma's done the b swaps so i'm pretty sure i'd b over that.

pranknwangsta

5+ Year Member
but if i had the money i'd frankenstein it 4 sure i mean before u even boost it it'll b showin up practically ne one around u

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the jdm h22 has 220, the usdm h22 has the same hp as the k20. the k20 is a lil lighter. are we talking just usdm motors?.......this question has a million answers.........this thread sucks.