k20a2 vs k20az3

97civicracer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are there many differences in the rsx type s motor and the new civic si motor? how about in terms of boosting? why am i not seeing that many turbo fg's? is hondata coming out w/ tuning options other than a reflash in the future? any insight would be great as i'm trying to decide between the new cars and would prefer the newer virgin SI but don't want to be stuck w/ an inferior motor. drop some knowledge on my dumbass.

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
are there many differences in the rsx type s motor and the new civic si motor? how about in terms of boosting? why am i not seeing that many turbo fg's? is hondata coming out w/ tuning options other than a reflash in the future? any insight would be great as i'm trying to decide between the new cars and would prefer the newer virgin SI but don't want to be stuck w/ an inferior motor. drop some knowledge on my dumbass.
I would assume that you don't see many turbo FGs because they are new cars, and not many people want to throw out their warranty. As far as differences, I have heard from a few people that the z3 has more aggressive cams, but I couldn't tell you for sure.

I was debating between these 2 cars as well. I like the RSX better though so I'm picking one up next month.

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a 07 FG2, Its great and pulls pretty damn hard. The 06+ Si are fairly new so there isnt as much mods and programs as the RSX yet, Give it a little bit more time and there will be alot of stuff out. There is a turbo kit called AJP for the Si and it can put down 375+WHP on stock internals.

Si Pros-
Better suspension, Wider and Handles amazingly
Bettered geared LSD Tranny
Looks imo
VSA (Traction Control which you can turn off :D )
Interior looks alot sportier and is hi-tec looking
More aggressive sounding

RSX
Leather seats if you like luxery (I perfer my Si cloth anyday)
More parts and tuneing options at the moment.
Cable throttle (Si is DBW (Drive by Wire) so the throttle response isnt as fast but you cant really tell)

Curcuit race where there are alot of turns the Si wins, From a dig or roll its a drivers race. Cant go wrong with either car but I perfer the Si :thumbs up

97civicracer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
drive by wire doesn't effect anything when you start making higher horsepower does it?