K24 frank eg project

fventura03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
can't wait to get the paint done on this car and all the goodies installed. i have to primer everything and finish the paint, it's a lot of work. invoice is of lots of bolts/clips and moldings that i need, all new from honda. very expensive, that one hurt the wallet a bit. :(

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man, i just looked through this whole thread, this build is very impressive, i like how its taken you so long but you dont care and it looks so good and is going to be amazing, i cant wait to see it close to or all the way finshed, i also saw a buddy club spec II exhaust thats awesome, its going to scream. Good luck.

EF Honda EF

WOW!! i hope to completly rebuild a car one day. Good luck on the rest of the build. and where do you get all this money

fventura03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i've learned, if you rush things or do things half-assed, you have to go back and re-do it eventually so why not do it right the first time...

if you look through the thread and lack of updates, you'll see that i've been hiding out, letting my wallet catch up...

i'm letting it catch up again, i still need the tranny and clutch/flywheel as well as some other small stuff...

thanks to all of you for all your support, it's a lot of work - the image i have of this car in my head is coming alive, i will soon be able to show you my dream car, complete =).

boosted-cx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
man this is still in the works, I"VE GONE THROUGH 2 EGS and on my !st EK, and this is still going on!!!

wow

fventura03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
man this is still in the works, I"VE GONE THROUGH 2 EGS and on my !st EK, and this is still going on!!!

wow
lol. please dont try to compare your cars to my project. my motors and swap parts ALONE cost more then all those cars combined.

this isnt your ordinary stock civic on 200 dollar LS meshies.

things like these take time. like i have said before. im doing this for myself and no one else - im no rushing this for anyone. dont complain on my build when you are still rocking a stock car on oem wheels.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

wow
chill dude. how often do you get a new car? Do you sell them or total them? I am 22 and still drive my first car. And I dont plan on getting another one any time soon.

Good job man. Cant wait to see more progress? What is on Jan 8th?

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Its not all that bad depending on the color. Just depends on the sanding and a clear coat if you choose to do so. Its def. pretty good for the amount of money that you are paying.

EgHatch93

EG Whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I dont care how long his build takes... It wont be as long as my build took :P haha. Im enjoying his updates so the longer it takes the better... Because I can look forward to em =)

fventura03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks guys, i meant january of 2008 that i hope to have this running.

my k24a1 is at my friends getting 100% rebuilt, i'm installing k20a2 head, brian crower stage 2 cams, brian crower springs and retainers, higher compression pistons (~11.5 compression), k20a2 oil pump. not sure on clutch/flywheel combo but it will be a 6spd tranny.

the k24a4 is the one pictured with gunmetal valve cover, that one will be swapped in for now until i get the other motor which should be done by the end of the year - unless i get the k24a1 frank back before i get the chance to swap in the k24a4...

i'm using the k24a4 right now as a mock up motor, i'm going to be doing my tucked wire harness pretty soon...after paint is done.

the old paint didn't look ghetto but for some reason my jams turned a yellowish color that i didn't like, i have no idea why but thats why i'm redoing it. aside from the jams, the rest of the car looked top notch, like an oem quality paint job.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Very nice progress Freddy. Wish i was a baller like you =0

fventura03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol no

here's old pics of the brakes, rear discs plus dual piston acura legend calipers up front. rotors are 4x100 drilled prelude rotors, 11.2" i believe.

need new rotors in rear, also need to paint calipers black, eventually.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
f**kin sweet man.