K24 frank eg project

EGlude Attitude

All Motor Militia
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm not gonna lie to ya, for some rolled paint I think that looks great. :thumbs up I'd seriously consider trying this on my car if I had some place to do it, time, and some confidence in not f**king up my entire car.:lol:

You said that's marine paint right? Where could an individual acquire said paint?

Jason-

jdm king :p
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EGlude Attitude said:
I'm not gonna lie to ya, for some rolled paint I think that looks great. :thumbs up I'd seriously consider trying this on my car if I had some place to do it, time, and some confidence in not f**king up my entire car.:lol:

You said that's marine paint right? Where could an individual acquire said paint?
Lol... Same thing with me! I've got the time, to en extent.. but not the confidence and the money incase I f**k it up. :(

-Jason

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think he said home depot/ if not try a paint store. ;)

fventura03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
try a boat store, like west marine, or whatever. thats where i got mine.

www.westmarine.com

for those, not confident enough to try it. try it on a bumper first, get used to the process, finish the bumper off. if you like what you see, do the car =).

if you dont have a bumper, try going to home depot, and buy a small 2ft by 2ft (or similar) piece of aluminum, to paint.

i wasn't confident neither when i first started, so i did a bumper, it came out great, and i decided to do the entire car =).

fventura03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Jason- said:
Wow. Nicely done. I've got a friend in school that wants to try this process.. I'll post up pictures of his car if he decides to do it as well.

I cant wait to see the motor! Shaving the bay, or no?

-Jason
haven't decided yet, maybe... if not, just a good wiretuck =).

fventura03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

2 more layers on today, i am hoping this is the last of the layers, i think i got most of the imperfections out. i'll wetsand tomorrow and see if i'm done.

sneak peak at whats to come:

DX raceR

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man this s**t is crazy.. nice work dude..looks like its gonna turn out real nicely.

fventura03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks guys, i bought a HVLP gun so i can paint the engine bay (it'd be too hard to do with a roller). i bought a welder, and am going to start welding shut all the unnecessary holes in the engine bay.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hell yeah. gl with the shaving of the bay.

fventura03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have about 5hrs of welding in the engine bay, still have a LOT of welding to do, i have vacation coming up in two weeks, i hope to get the engine bay done, and start reassembling the car and redoing the wiring harness for a decent wiretuck.

i purchased a HVLP spray gun to spray the whole car - glad i did. here's pics of the car as it sits now, the exterior is done, just needs to be slightly wetsanded and buffed. i also decided to spray the interior with the same paint.

i will post pics of the engine bay, once i'm done with it.