K24 frank eg project

fventura03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'm an insurance agent, i've been saving since that break in posts, like 6 months or whatever it was, i came to a crosspoint where i wasn't sure if i was going to keep at this project, thats why i just kept saving and not buying parts (it's a lot of dedication doing a build like this - the end result will be worth it), this is the car i wanted since i was 18, i couldn't find one so thats when i got my 2001 coupe, modded that slightly since purchase, i am now 22 (got this car when i was 21) and decided i was going to accomplish the dream i had from when i was 18. it's coming true but it's not coming easy (hence the 1.5yrs it's taking for me to finish). i went through my savings like it was nothing, 6 months to save, 1-2 weeks to spend it all. i still need some stuff to finish it off but i hope to still be done by the end of the year.

if you want to see in detail my motor and everything that's going into the motor, see this link:
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34837

i am hoping for 230whp... good for maybe low 12's??

to answer the rest of your questions, i'm leaving my suspension til after the car is done, that also will be expensive, it's dropped on GC sleeved coilovers on stock shocks for now, after the car is running i will focus on the suspension, koni yellows, lca's, bracing, sway bars, everything...

steering wheel, i think i posted pics of, its a personal neo grinta, leather, black with red stitching, also have nrg quick release and hub for it... i'll post exact pics later. there's a ton of stuff that i have that i haven't pictured.
[img[http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/41C92BS0V9L._AA280_.jpg[/img]

only CF will be the duckbill, this car will be plain, simple, and like my coupe, i will try to use as many oem parts as possible, too much CF ruins the car IMO. i went through that stage with my coupe, it's not for me...i grew out of it.

headlights are pictured, i think, eg6 headlights (has city lights, yay), eg6 corners, eg6 white sidemarkers (also have amber jdm sidemarkers if i dont like white). oem bulbs, i dont want to do HID on a car like this, it looks out of place IMO.

i have a new oem lip with mounting hardware, oem sides, thin jdm side moldings, knockoff spoon mirrors (didn't want to buy original ones because they only come in CF). everything is going to be color matched except the front lip.

underbody has been resprayed, yes, most of it, all the suspension has also been resprayed.

parts i'm currently waiting on is:
-bdl fuel rail
-k20a2 6spd tranny w/quaife lsd
-rcrew header
-3 sets of wheels from japan for my coupe (nothing to do with this car:()

thanks for all the questions. =) - after this car is done, it's time to strip my coupe (maybe 08-09) like this one and repaint the whole shell, as i am doing with this one. also k-swap might be coming for that one too (already have an extra k24 sitting here)... only time will tell.

sorry for the essay.

JDMcivicsi

getting back in the game
5+ Year Member
looks like a good project post some new pics when you get it all done

chunky2.0

5+ Year Member
this is badass, i wish i had the time and money to do a project like this. props o you my friend.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
don't give up man..patience is a virtue :thumbup:

fventura03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'm too far into this to quit, it's my dream, sorry not many updates this weekend, i got busy with other stuff, i did manage to get the rear bumper sanded down and primered, also primered my thin side moldings and mirrors...

my brother in law left for our country for 2 months, he's on vacation, i dont think i can paint my car at his shop anymore so i'm probably going to have to do it in my garage, little by little... :(

thebeast90

5+ Year Member
looking great.... i hope this build works great..... i guess i really neen to get down and save every penny..... good luck man

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You could just do everything else that you need to do, save money and whatnot and when he comes back paint it and then assemble it all at once.

EG-Owns you

Twin Tech Owns Your s**t!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you never put a deadline on a build thats when s**t goes wrong =/ IMO

fventura03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the deadline is what i hope will happen, i'm not rushing to get to that point, if it happens, cool, if not. oh well. the real deadline is July, 2008, that's when it MUST be done. i have a huge meet to go to in Tennessee that i will be going to with this car. but yeah im not rushing...

EG-Owns you

Twin Tech Owns Your s**t!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the deadline is what i hope will happen, i'm not rushing to get to that point, if it happens, cool, if not. oh well. the real deadline is July, 2008, that's when it MUST be done. i have a huge meet to go to in Tennessee that i will be going to with this car. but yeah im not rushing...

ya this car is going to be sick when its all said and done no point in rushing

PBzAllan

k swapped
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
be patient bro i know exactly how you feel similar story

but in the long run it pays off

fventura03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
been busy with other priorities, like usual...

here's an update, i got my 2nd seat, looks hot! i put them in to see if the brackets were good, better to make sure they are good now before i paint the car and scratch it all up... im also going to be mounting the rollbar and drill the holes for it soon...

not sure when i will paint it, it's cold, i dont want to risk any problems because it is cold and the paint may not dry good, or whatever, i think my brother in law is coming back soon from his vacation so i'll probably be able to take it to him soon (his paint booth at his body shop)...

also, after 1.5months of waiting, my fuel rail came...

got some goodies for my other car, i should be receiving a shipment from japan pretty soon (like in 2 weeks), 3 sets of wheels...

reference shot of my daily, for those who don't know...

stay tuned!

fventura03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
seats are 100% mint btw, dusty because the hatch is dusty from sanding the primer...