K24 powered s2000

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
your response is honest and fair.. I was not trying to be an "e-thug" I was just saying to me.. having an s2k already.. running.. and then having say "$5k" to dump into it "motor swap" would be the absolute last thing on my list..

one thing my civic taught me was this.. you can be unique.. you can be original.. but at the end of the day (for me) I am after performance and the cheapest, most direct way to it.. that is how I ended up with the Mustang.. yeah they have been done to death.. 5.0 no originality there.. but guess what.. the entire project will likely cost me under $10k and that even includes redoing ALL the gauges, sparco seats, and weld rims.. point being for me.. "what it is" or "how its done" is kind of irrelevant... to me at least.. is it fast? does it haul ass? that is about all that is important to me.. personally..
Regarding modifying vehicles, I realized that the people who are going to dump money into their vehicles will do it regardless of how much their vehicle was to start off with. Many instances, it has nothing to do with the performance aspect. In the end, it's just something to do, a hobby.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
In the end, it's just something to do, a hobby.
exactly. this guy just had the question, "i wonder what if..." and had the money to back it up. yes, for the conventional CC'er, S2 - F+K = WTF, but for this guy, he had the cash funds to do what he wanted. so is it what I or we would do? no. but is it what HE wanted to do? i guess...

all in all, i think its badass. like putting a pigs heart into humans... (but he didnt live, its just amazing to think about what were trying)

(yes, thats from Talladega Nights)

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
k series after market is much much better currently then f series

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i say keep the motor thats in the s2000, waste of time and money imo

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
On top of that, a 2.4 (obviously) has more displacement than a 2.0 or 2.2.

papichulo26

JohnS: The reason why people put LS1 into FD/FC is because for drifting you need high as hell TORQUE and V8 motors are beastly at that without doing much.

Hecz: Dude I am not trying to be an ass or anything bro.. But have you ever driven a turbo car?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i love the fact that he swapped a k into an sdeuce.

and he is from colorado, so i cant hate..

lol...

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Just another Honda fag that has to be different and does stupid s**t to do so.

F20C is a great motor, K20A is a great motor. Why replace one with the other? F20 NA builds are just as aggressive as a K20 build, but I guess thats not what gets you into the magazines these days.

I wonder if hes going to part out now that he has his feature lol.

papichulo26

DarkCreep you have a great point man. You have to come out with the crazies stuff to be able to get in the mag. Im going to do a d16y8 turbo tricycle bike paint it white and black so 2 toned. and my engine bay witch will be my basket all in pink hella og project lmfao and sittin on 10'' tires from a lawn mower. let me know what yall think about that project i don't care if its not safe.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so much hate.

i actually like it :what:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
JohnS: The reason why people put LS1 into FD/FC is because for drifting you need high as hell TORQUE and V8 motors are beastly at that without doing much.
It was a rhetorical question.

So many narrow minded fools hating on someone who has the time and money to do something out of the ordinary.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It was a rhetorical question.

So many narrow minded fools hating on someone who has the time and money to do something out of the ordinary.
But out of the ordinary does NOT always necessarily have a purpose. I, personally, would NOT have used my money in that manner if I had a S2000. I am in the same boat as OC.....spend the money on things that will actually make the car perform better.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Finally read the owners post on s2ki forums. He made 50+whp/tq more with his k24 that had just kpro and stock s2k headers, over his F20 that already had bolt-ons, kpro, etc. . He's staying N/A from what it seems like considering the velocity stack sticking out of his front bumper. And I guess he fab'd up the s2k tranny which is cool.

Green = F20C with Kpro, J's Intake, Mugen Exhaust, Test pipe, and some other random bolt on's
REd = K24 with just kpro from what I gather by reading his post

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=793303

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just to be clear... I am not disputing that an NA K can make more power than an NA F.. the problem that I have is the following..

discounting wanting to be NA or not..

F series + Modifications equal to the cost of the K swap > simple K swap

I just have a hard time wasting all that money to make 50 more horse.. how much more horse do you think he would be making with a super charger (for example)..

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Did you read what he posted?

COST:
When I started the project I sold off the OEM F20c, my Hondata Kpro, and my Mugen Exhaust netting me about $3600

I took that money and was able to buy the new Kpro, my K24a1, and all the needed parts so i could fab everything up to work together with the s2000 transmission and electronics. (I would also like to note that all of this was paid for before I had sponsors on board.)

From there I figured I was basically at the same point, cost wise, as I was with the F I took out of my car. Then I spent a little money adding parts to the motor (but was able to avoid the cost of sleeving the motor) to get the numbers you will see below... but I believe that even a stock K24 will yield more TQ than the F20.
So he pretty much made even except for the "little money" he spent adding parts to the motor which I would assume wasn't much.

It's not like he spent $10,000 or some absurd amount of money when K-Series were first introduced and being swapped into other cars. They've gone down a lot in prices.

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think its cool and unique, plus hes getting more power so whats to hate?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I think its cool and unique, plus hes getting more power so whats to hate?
With the money spent he couldve made more power with the F20. The F20 is such a great power plant. But doing that wouldnt have gotten him a feature in a magazine and thats all that Honda fags want these days.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
With the money spent he couldve made more power with the F20. The F20 is such a great power plant. But doing that wouldnt have gotten him a feature in a magazine and thats all that Honda fags want these days.
Reading > you. He barely spent any money. He pretty much made even with selling the F20 + parts. Just spent a little extra for some parts.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just to be clear... I am not disputing that an NA K can make more power than an NA F.. the problem that I have is the following..

discounting wanting to be NA or not..

F series + Modifications equal to the cost of the K swap > simple K swap

I just have a hard time wasting all that money to make 50 more horse.. how much more horse do you think he would be making with a super charger (for example)..
If he's racing it, adding forced induction usually changes the car's class radically, perhaps to the point where he wouldn't be competitive without spending another pile of cash.

Just from my POV as a racer. It's not always about being fastest, just being faster than the guys in your class.