K24 powered s2000

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
With that said, a fully prepared S2k can be FEROCIOUS, but after racing one last weekend I could see where more torque would benefit it and the increased displacement is the best way to do it.

This is what I ran last weekend:

papichulo26

OK im not hating on the concept of the S2K having a K24 as the main motor the only thing is thats f ing crazy how much money you think he wasted on doing all the crap to it when he could of just modded up the F.. Now if he decides to go with turbo thats a bundle of money spent there so to me its f**king crazy as s**t and im still doing the d16 project getting the plans 2gether now..

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JohnS: The reason why people put LS1 into FD/FC is because for drifting you need high as hell TORQUE and V8 motors are beastly at that without doing much.

Hecz: Dude I am not trying to be an ass or anything bro.. But have you ever driven a turbo car?
Oh yea man. I drove a friends 380hp 98' Civic coupe.

I've also driven and drive my brother has CA18DET 91' 240SX, Very nice set up.

Why? what's up, what's going on?

DRISSN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think its f**king brilliant! If he was able to get 50 hp out of just swapping in a k24, that probably left alot of room for gains if he wants to fully build that engine. It seems to me like swapping in a better power plant to start with is a great idea instead of using a lesser engine and modding the hell outta it. Also, if he wants to go to forced induction, he can still do that and make the same horse power gains he would have with the j.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i think its f**king brilliant! If he was able to get 50 hp out of just swapping in a k24, that probably left alot of room for gains if he wants to fully build that engine. It seems to me like swapping in a better power plant to start with is a great idea instead of using a lesser engine and modding the hell outta it. Also, if he wants to go to forced induction, he can still do that and make the same horse power gains he would have with the j.
If he wanted to go with forced induction, sticking with the F20 would've been safer. F20's have forged internals from the factory. They can handle 4-500whp no problem from what I've read.

MidnightCivicEX

EK Ferio WIP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If he's racing it, adding forced induction usually changes the car's class radically, perhaps to the point where he wouldn't be competitive without spending another pile of cash.

Just from my POV as a racer. It's not always about being fastest, just being faster than the guys in your class.
:word: thats pretty much exactly what i was thinking...

plus N/A is power on tap, easier to have the torque coming through the corners and such... not having to worry about turbo lag...

now not saying he couldnt get used to tracking the car with a turbo and the lag, but again... its all about the classes...

the only thing that makes me think against that too though is a k in an s2 would probably shove him into a fairly unlimited class.. since its not the factory motor... from what i understand most class rules, judging on scca standards... but could be the possibility of an N/A unlimited class... shrugs...

i dunno... props to the guy for doing something different... if we all had the same exact swaps and cars and styles... well, it'd just be plain boring... and i'd probably not even have a honda... i like that everyone can do they're own thing whether its way-out-there creative or strict-close-to-home "JDM"...

i'd say that's my $.02... but that was more like $2.00