K2motor and AutoZensation

jazzyJAE

Pandora's box
hey, i was looking at some black housing headlights, and some taillights from k2motor.com, they claim to have OEM quality products, but has anyone purchased headlights or taillights from them? any input is good :thumbs up

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hey, i was looking at some black housing headlights, and some taillights from k2motor.com, they claim to have OEM quality products, but has anyone purchased headlights or taillights from them? any input is good :thumbs up
i dunno about lighting, but i do know they f**ked my order up pretty good, the customer service kinda sucked for a little bit. but then i talked to someone who got the job done quickly. i probably hit a fluke.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what'd u get that they messed up on
sent me the wrong hood. and it took them....5 months to get me the right one?

and lost my fog lights, but i blame UPS for that one

kyle97charlie

68% right 100% of th time
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had good luck and bad luck...

The bad was ordering a front camber kit... which took three weeks because they neglected to tell me it was back ordered...

And now I've gotta replace the camber kit.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
how? i didn't know you could take the lens off
Theres a s**t ton of proper write-ups on here. DIY blackhouseing headlights. ill post the link when i find it.

1. Remove headlight
1.5 remove all little doo-dads from headlight
2. Bake headlight (Melting the glue)
3. Crack open headlight by pulling apart.
4. take apart headlight
5. scrape away all reflective paint
6. paint
7. paint it again
8. put it back together
9. install.

TAKE YOUR TIME. ive done it to both of my civics. its easy, takes about an hour per, and looks nice.

EDIT: i can google my ass off.

http://www.torontocivics.com/articles/headlights/headlights.html

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Necromancing the s*** out of this thread instead of starting a new one for the exact same company, since most comments posted previously are relevant.

1st time, I picked up a BYS replica lip, cheap (like $30) to practice painting mostly. Quick shipping. Sanded and painted it, no issue. Noticed it was bent somewhat where it mounts, didn't see it at first but wasn't looking. Spoke to customer service online and by phone, very courteous, quick to respond and had all of the details for what I was talking about. The lip had a "warranty" that was VOIDED when it was painted, even though their ad says "Ready to paint" and nothing about paint = voided warranty was written. So I said, wtf ever, I'll try to make it work.

2nd interaction was regarding my BYS rep. I complained and "Janet" was really helpful. In the end I managed to get a "Type R / Si" rep lip out of them instead, since it was the same cost. The lip came without hardware. Emailed and called, had "hardware" sent out 4 times now and instead of getting the metal brackets to mount it, I am getting 4 packs of self tapping screws in priority mailing envelopes. I write back and say no, sent a picture of what I need and keep getting screws(ed). At this point, I just want to see how many screws I can get out of them.

They're pretty much idiots. Very cheap, quick and courteous service, but if you don't get your order right the first time, better figure out how to make due.

Edit: They also own AutoZensation

Last edited: