kaaz LSD

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good or bad? found one on ebay for 675. figured i would ask before i blew that much on one. also it says its for a gsr but would it work for a ls?

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no, final diffs are differnt sizes betewen ls and gsr. you need to get an ls one, or find a gsr final drive. kaaz is good, however a quaife is better. and installation cost is very high, as it requires a total tear down and rebuild of the tranny.

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well im taking manual trannys and clutches in school. so i figured this would be a good time to put a lsd in. ive heard that type-r's are good for the $$ bout sould i still need to find the final drive of a type-r then? and i know i wont have 1k$ to blow on a quaife. unless you know somewere i can get one for about 700-800

Ravage70

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont forget the kaaz requires a long break in involving figure 8s, maybe 2 hours
quaife is very good
if ur el cheapo get an obx off ebay, they have a good rep until now

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i seen the obx s**t....i dont trust to much s**t from them...dont wanna spend the $$ and time just to have to redo it 3 mouths down the road. wtf is with the breakin?

Ravage70

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the obx is actuall pretty good
a guy on honda-tech is running a 500+whp gsr with it and no problems

obx has stepped up a notch recently
they even have a new exhaust manifold for b series if u ever decide to go turbo

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ill check up on obx then. and im gonna build me a ls block up and do a ls/vtec all on schools time and $$ (grants) muhahhaa i dont like the idea of a turbo too ezy to make power....must do it that hard way :D i seen that obx had headers now too. any idea if they are decent for thr 70$? or is it u get what ya pay for?

slmdcivic95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kaaz is a very good diff, just as good as quaife. the only difference is the kaaz is
more for racing purpose. not good for street use unless you dont mind some
noise. i have a kaaz and am very happy with it. the breakin for it did suck, had to
do figure eights for 30 minutes while speeding up and slowing down the whole time.
it is well worth the $700