Keep stalling p0171 code on my 06 honda civic lx

antcolon620

:letout::letout: Took it to a few mechanics because sometimes especially when i first start it, it would stall as im slowing down to a speed bump or a red light/stop sign. It only stalls when im slowing down.. not completley stopped or accelerating. They suggested and made me replace my air fuel or 02 sensor so i did.. still no help. another mechanic charged me to clean out my injection system cause he figured it would be clogged and what not... started problem again and started stalling again. Doesnt happen as often when i put in high grade 93 fuel and put injection cleaner fluid in but eventually keeps happening and check engine light goes on and off...... somebody please help me... cant trade in my vehicle if i keep having this problem ughhhhh

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
These could all be causes of a p0171.

The MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor is dirty or dead.
-clean/replace MAF sensor. If you have a K&N or some other oiled filter, get rid of it as they destroy MAF sensors. Get a Dry one like an AEM.

There could be a vacuum leak downstream of the MAF sensor Possible cracked vacuum or PCV line/connection

Faulty or stuck open PCV valve

Bad upstream oxygen sensor

Sticking/plugged or failed fuel injector

Low fuel pressure (possible plugged/dirty fuel filter!)

Exhaust leak between engine and first oxygen sensor

Start with these and get to troubleshooting. These are all extremely easy fixes. Start with the most obvious being dirty fuel filter and PCV valve because they should be replaced with normal maintenance anyway and are very cheap.