kenwood not saving settings?

lucas29k

5+ Year Member
ya so i got a kenwood head unit a week or two ago and when i mess with the bass, mids, and treble adjustments, if i turn my car off and turn it back on they are set back to default. it doesnt say anything about it in the shity manual it came with. anyone no how i can get it to save? is this a wiring issue?

davidmutchler95

Just Another Guy....
5+ Year Member
are you sure you have all the wires hooked up correctly?

lucas29k

5+ Year Member
lol thanks bro. i finally searched it and found that exact answer so im gonna try it. it should work after that considering alot of people had same problem

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the yellow wire needs to be connected to a constant 12v source

lucas29k

5+ Year Member
ok so still having problems.
before my cd player was hooked up with all the speaker wires goin to the speakers and the red wire connected to the red. red is ignition i think? i forget what it says. and then i have the yellow wire(12v constant) tapped into the cig lighter. with this setup everything works, it turns on wit the car, but it will not save my settings. so i tapped the red wire into the cig lighter and connected the yellow to the yellow, by the way i have the wiring harness that connects to stock, but after i switched these two wires i figured it would work but this time the cd player would not even come on. i checked the fuse and it was ok. i put it back to the way i had it and its working again just not saving settings. any ideas?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dude, the cigarrette lighter turns off when the car is off. That's not a constant whatsoever.

Thats why it's not saving settings.

davidmutchler95

Just Another Guy....
5+ Year Member
what he said^^ its not hard just find a wire that has power when the car is off. like the lights or something

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol. What's wrong with your stock car harness?

Connect the yellow wire to the yellow wire and connect the red wire to the red wire.

What's your purpose for tapping it to the cigarette lighter?

lucas29k

5+ Year Member
oh s**t lol. i dunno i connected the all the wires straight to the ones on the stock(example: speakers to speaker, red to red, yellow to yellow, all that) and that didnt work. so i looked up on the internet and people were tapping into the cig lighter. so i tried it and it got it working. just wont save settings.

19josh97

RaWr Vtexz
5+ Year Member
What fuse is the yellow continue wire? I was hooking up my deck and a wire hit the yellow wire and it sparked. So a fuse popped ya think? I cant get power from the yellow wire anymore.