Key fob not working properly

rpfn140378

5+ Year Member
Hi guys. Having problems here with my remote. My honda is the model from 96-2001, I can open the doors with the remote but I can't lock it, have to use the key. Was thinking to pop in some scrap yard and find the key fob and receiver, what you guys think? It can work?

gugiey

Registered VIP
Hi guys. Having problems here with my remote. My honda is the model from 96-2001, I can open the doors with the remote but I can't lock it, have to use the key. Was thinking to pop in some scrap yard and find the key fob and receiver, what you guys think? It can work?
I know with Chrysler you can't take a fob and a receiver and put it in your vehicle with out being programmed .

your best bet is to take it to honda and see what they charge to diagnose your fob .

rpfn140378

5+ Year Member
I know with Chrysler you can't take a fob and a receiver and put it in your vehicle with out being programmed .

your best bet is to take it to honda and see what they charge to diagnose your fob .
Another day I went to Honda dealer and I was told that they need to order a new remote and then to find some code somewhere around the mirror and then to make it work. The cost was around £300.00
As far I understood, the code can be found in that thing, receiver I think, near the mirror, that’s why I was wondering to get the receiver and the fob from any scrap yard in a hope that could work.
I’m not in a mood to spend that much so I guess I have to stick with the idea of using the keys