key sticking

grfnkl

5+ Year Member
Recenly I have been having some issues with my key sticking in the ignition. I had one random day a few months ago where i couldn't get the key out it just wouldn't go past accessory. I've always wondered about the ingition since you have to push pull and turn to get the key out more then most other hondas I've been in. Anyways other then that recently my key has been sticking when turning the car on and turning off. If i turn it on sometimes it won't come back off of start allowing the starter to engage after the car has already started. Then i have the issue of getting the key out when i turn it off. I'm thinking that the ignition is probably dirty... is their anything i could spray in it to "lube" it up. I've heard wd-40 is the worst thing you can use. Anyone else have these issues and can point me in a good direction on remeding this.

durgo

5+ Year Member
I have always used graphite

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
After doing a little reading, I would suggest graphite as well.

RonJ

Banned
You may need to replace the lock cylinder.

brian762

5+ Year Member
Dont mean to thread jack, but what is graphite? i am having the same issue with my ignition.

brian762

5+ Year Member
oh i know what graphite is, i thought it was a name of a spray lubricant lol. sorry, i am not really that dumb lol

grfnkl

5+ Year Member
I'll try some graphite tomorrow and see how that goes. Hopefully it will help. I'm really hoping that solves this because I have enough other things that need repairing/replacing that i don't need to add a ignition cylinder to the list. :???: