keyless entry question

Tseids

So i just took out my old stock honda radio and replaced it with a aftermarket radio. Ofcourse it knocks out the dome light and the keyless entry options. The dome light doesnt bother me but i was wondering if it was possible to salvage the keyless entry from the stock radio or would i jsut be better off buying a new one or something?

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you will need to wire up a sort of jumper harness to keep the stock stereo connected and you can zip-tie it up in the dash somewhere out of sight. there is a write up on here about how to do it. SEARCH.

Tseids

i dont want the shitty stock radio i just want to salvage the keyless entry from it if its possible

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no. its part of the radio. inside. unless you are an electrical engineer and want to disassemble the radio, pick out the circuits that are only for the key-less and wire them in separately, it cannot be done.

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do what wanna be said, there's no getting around it until you upgrade the alarm system.

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^What they said. I beleive someone does make a jumper harness for this application.

Z3R)

5+ Year Member
i dont want the shitty stock radio i just want to salvage the keyless entry from it if its possible
you cant have the stock keyless without the stock radio. its built into it fool. show some respect to someone trying to help you especially when he told you the answer you needed.

since you didnt read what he said here are better details, you wire up the stock radio with the power and ground wires spliced into the harness made to run your aftermarket radio. THEN you take that OEM radio and hide it some where in the dash out of sight with the power off. if you did it right you will be using the aftermarket radio for music and the OEM will allow you to run the oem keyless.

Zor_Primo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had an aftermarket alarm system installed way back when I first purchased my EJ8 (in 1997) Will removing the stock stereo still affect the keyless entry? (yes I still have the Original radio)

Tseids

read in order after my 2nd post he says what to do if i wanted to go through all the work so dont go bashing my comments when you cant read yourself