KILL! 's slow build...

KILL!

Marine.
:welcome:
Figured I'd start a build thread, just to track how far my car has come and where it's going. Goal for this car is just a nice daily driver, built the right way by me with the help of friends if needed, with quality OEM honda parts, and name brand where that doesnt apply. Slow and steady as it goes, quality over quantity. Thanks for following!!! C/C welcome

HOW IT SITS TODAY

:rock:

EXTERIOR:
OEM Si Lip
OEM Si Grille
OEM Amber Sidemarkers
OEM 96-98 Taillight Swap
OEM 99-00 Mud Guards
OEM RAYBRIG fog lights w/ PIAA plasma ion yellow bulbs
OEM 99-00 Nose Mask
OEM 96-00 Moonroof Visor
OEM Window Visors
OEM Bumper plugs
OEM Civic Type R power folding mirrors
Paint Matched Sideskirts
Debadged
Tint Removed

SUSPENSION:
Function and Form Type 1 Coilovers
15x7 +38 Enkei 92 205/50/15's
14mm GSR rear sway bar

ENGINE:
D16y7 swap (YUCK!!!)
here we go...once upon a time...

INTERIOR:
GSR cloth seats
Skunk2 Shift knob
Custom plaid headliner
painted pillars
Wink mirror

August of 10 - My virgin MR ej8 the day of / after i bought it, has a y7 swap that the previous owner did, but that's it.

Went and got my side skirts painted, and some 96-98 mud guards off my buddys sisters car within a week or so.

Installed OEM Si Grill and OEM Si Lip

Debadged!

Then came OEM stanley sidemarkers, the only thing i havn't done myself. Couldn't bring myself to cut those holes lol.

Front and Rear benen tow hooks, cleaned up headlights, painted window wiper arms.

Switched to 96-98 tail lights again off buddy's sisters car.

Then i finally got some lowness, F2 type 1's. and new OEM 99-00 mud guards

Switched to steelies, nice and painted and sanded at least, and removed window tint from 3 rear windows. (pita!!!)

WHEELS!!!

NOSE MASK!

OEM Moonroof visor

OEM WINDOW VISORS

jmanlake

5+ Year Member
looking good. drop and rims and call it a day.

96 EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Very nice! Car is looking good with some tasteful mods so far. Im glad you obviously know quality over quantity.

KILL!

Marine.
Thanks! yours is SUPER clean. love the drop and everything lol. good s**t.

BUMP! UPDATED AGAIN.

OblivionEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I didn't think those tail would look good, but that red kinda pulls it off. Clean car, get more pics up.

KILL!

Marine.
figured i'd update this thread haha, haven't posted here in a while after i joined ej8squad (didn't post much to begin with but still)

Car has came a pretty long way since i posted on this site last.

EXTERIOR:
OEM Si Lip
OEM Si Grille
OEM Amber Sidemarkers
OEM 96-98 Taillight Swap
OEM 99-00 Mud Guards
OEM RAYBRIG fog lights w/ PIAA plasma ion yellow bulbs
OEM 99-00 Nose Mask
OEM 96-00 Moonroof Visor
Paint Matched Sideskirts
Debadged
Tint Removed

*OEM window visors ordered...on back order Sad will update pcs when they come!

SUSPENSION:
Function and Form Type 1 Coilovers
15x7 +38 Enkei 92 205/50/15's
14mm GSR rear sway bar

KILL!

Marine.
thanks guys, yeah i grabbed some from icb motorsport while they had them in stock. i've been waiting on my window visors since april, but should have them by end of August according to my source. guess ordering parts from japan right after a tsunami was a bad idea haha.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice car man. It's really clean. Where did you get the paint to match your side skirts? I want to color match my trim as well, but can't find the paint anywhere.

KILL!

Marine.
you can buy milano red side skirts from hondapartsunlimited.com, i just got mine paint matched at local paint shop

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks man. Also, what did you use to remove the stickiness, without damaging the paint, that was left after you de-badged the rear end?

KILL!

Marine.
i used goo gone, floss, and a ton of elbow grease. it was a extreme pain in the arse for some reason on mine to get all of the sticky off. :word:

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah my emblems are basically falling off the back, but I don't want to just pull them off and still have the glue on the car.