Kimbo no longer in UFC

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ultimate Fighting Championship President Dana White confirmed to The Times on Sunday that he had fired popular heavyweight Kimbo Slice, citing ineffectiveness, and welterweight Paul Daley, because of a post-fight sucker punch Daley delivered to Saturday-night winner Josh Koscheck.

Slice was overwhelmed by former NFL lineman Matt Mitrione, losing by second-round TKO in UFC 113 at Montreal's Bell Centre. Slice landed in the UFC as a competitor on the organization's reality television series, "The Ultimate Fighter," and defeated light-heavyweight Houston Alexander on a Las Vegas card in December.

White was far kinder to Slice than Daley in announcing the cuts at a post-fight news conference late Saturday night.

Daley was defeated by Koscheck in a fight that sent the winner to a title shot against gifted champion Georges St-Pierre later this year.

Koscheck reportedly whispered something offensive in Daley's ear toward the end of the fight, and Daley delivered the sucker punch after the bell.

White, who was embarrassed by the post-fight ruckus after a Strikeforce event last month, responded forcefully after the Daley display, announcing, "He's done."

The events nearly overshadowed the moment of the night, when Mauricio "Shogun" Rua knocked out Lyoto Machida in the first round to win the UFC light-heavyweight title. It was Machida's first loss in 17 fights and allowed Rua to avenge a bad decision that went against him versus Machida in October at Staples Center.
Good riddance.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
x2

lilROOKZ

EJh8ONIT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
kimbo just dont have the knee's to fight...matt mitrione is horrible and will get served in ufc. i absolutly hate that dude. as for the paul daley sucker punch. i wish he would'a knockd koscheck out with it...i watch the fight last night best fight was lyota and shogun by far.....

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The leg kicks meathead delivered to Slice were brutal for him. I'm sure Strikeforce will swoop those two up.

Koz cracks me up with all his head games he does to his opponents, with the fake injuries and s**t talking.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
kimbo just dont have the knee's to fight...matt mitrione is horrible and will get served in ufc. i absolutly hate that dude. as for the paul daley sucker punch. i wish he would'a knockd koscheck out with it...i watch the fight last night best fight was lyota and shogun by far.....
I'm have to disagree. The Rua/Dragon fight was good, the win was expected for Rua. I feel the best fight went too Sam Stout and Jeremy Stephens. Those two brawled out for all three rounds, throwing heavy hands and they kept going.

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I liked the fill in fight with the guy with that mustache! He should have won!

Kimbo was a huge disappointment since he stepped foot in a ring. He can beat up on people in the street because he had to much power and guys got rocked quick. He fought a MMA fighter and got winded because he had to ground game.

Matt said he would get Kimbo tired and Kimbo would give up, that's what happened. He kept getting that knee because Kimbo stood there an took it!

Paul Daley had every right to be pissed. Fighters should not be allowed to talk while fighting. It's unsafe to them and who know's Josh could have been racist and said somethings that would make a sucker punch nothing.

Shogun was a sure win. The fight was just hyped because of last time.

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh god, the racist card :roll:
You never know! Josh is a very dirty fighter. He faked a knee to the head on a PPV fight. Come on now! I wouldn't put it past him. He knows how to make people mad and if it helps him move up he will do it. I love him simply b/c the penguins shout out! He wrestled out of Waynesburg so hometown hero!

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:lol: He's probably a steelers fan who thinks Ben Roethlisberger is innocent too.
I'm a Steelers fan who thinks Ben should be released immediately. The owner doesn't put up with that bullshit. He got rid of people who acted out, Ben should be the same way. I have no respect for him at all. He's a good QB but a terrible person.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
f**k Pittsburgh....the whole city. Now get back on topic

My ravens gonna whoop dat assssss lol.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
osh could have been racist and said somethings that would make a sucker punch nothing.
yeah must be it that makes total sense.. :roll:i dont even think that josh is white.. dailey is a piece of s**t and should have had charges brought against him.. oh well i guess having his hopes and dreams shattered in a moment and not even hurting josh makes up for it..

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i like kimbo, mma just isnt for him, boxing is more his style

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i like kimbo, mma just isnt for him, boxing is more his style
i agree, kimbo is a good street fighter, but mma is just to much for him. put him in the street and he will dominate, put him in a ring with kicks and he kinda freaks out. i say that was a good move by dana white. i just didnt see him doin much for the ufc, but thats just my 2 cents

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i agree, kimbo is a good street fighter, but mma is just to much for him. put him in the street and he will dominate, put him in a ring with kicks and he kinda freaks out. i say that was a good move by dana white. i just didnt see him doin much for the ufc, but thats just my 2 cents
EDIT

put him against some tough guy who thinks he can fight, but can't, and he will win..
put him against a skilled fighter.. and he will have his ass handed to him..

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think its good kimbo got cut. i like the guy but hes definitley not UFC material. maybe strikeforce will pick him up and throw some easier opponents his way. hes a money maker tho, thats for sure.

and for daley, hes a b***h thru and thru. if you cant take some s**t talking during a fight, GTFO. they should throw his ass in jail for assault.

el_betiyo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Kimbo is just a big, strong f**ker that has a strong chin.........................
Skilled fighter my ass