knock and slight loss of power

EJoe1

ok guys n gals i got a bit of a problem i was driving my 95 civic d16z6 sohc a while back and ... i kinda got a lil low on the oil and jumped on her after i parked i noticed a slight knock / tap ..more of a tapping so i got oil and still just a lil tap ...next came a valve adjustment then i babied her for a bit but....i started noticing a slight loss of power 1 day i just felt it something bad was coming i tryed to get a loaner car but no luck omw home i had to lay into her getting on the freeway to merge in front of a big rig immeditally i noticed the knock / tap pick up it got loud it took her home and parked her during my 5 mile drive home she lost a lil power and that damn knock /tap was there still pretty loud .....anyways tax return is coming and im getting ready for the worst im hoping it just jumped time enough for me to get scared of losing her any insight would be helpful ..b4 u post i know a bit about cars ..but not that much when i first got her she was a badass b**** hit 100 in a heart beat but slowly my rpms went from i could blow into the red to wouldnt hit past 6000 ..it would like redline but not ...@ 6000 but i know for a fact it did go to 8000 and max .... well the gauge maxed at 9000 but ya maybe something unrealated maybe the whole problem idk plz save my baby

EJoe1

ok finally got the skrilla to take her in to the shop and.....its a rod knock so i bought a new /used d16z6 (complete )for 500 and got a creamic DC sports header 4 FREEEEEEE ..install is gonna cost 1g but my mechanic is gonna go thru the whole motor im swaping over my intake ,valve cover ,fresh clutch ,all new gaskets timing belt ,water pump ,tensioner , the only thing im kinda worried about is the compression ...the dismantler had it marked on the valve cover it was 194 200 200 194 idk i was told that they might have filled the cylinders with oil to get those #s any1 know what its supposed to be at ??

SKILLIN

Str8 Mark
ok finally got the skrilla to take her in to the shop and.....its a rod knock so i bought a new /used d16z6 (complete )for 500 and got a creamic DC sports header 4 FREEEEEEE ..install is gonna cost 1g but my mechanic is gonna go thru the whole motor im swaping over my intake ,valve cover ,fresh clutch ,all new gaskets timing belt ,water pump ,tensioner , the only thing im kinda worried about is the compression ...the dismantler had it marked on the valve cover it was 194 200 200 194 idk i was told that they might have filled the cylinders with oil to get those #s any1 know what its supposed to be at ??
Sounds like the connecting rod bearings. I just did mine and didn't remove the engine. About two hours. Always keep your fluids right otherwise that pretty new little z6 won't last. And yeah do you lack the motivation to swap it yourself? Im new to Honda and that's how I am learning. Get some! :thumbs up

VileMisanthropy

Definetly Rod Bearings as other have stated, i've done this TWICE! sad thing is replacing the bearings only helped for 20,000kms because once you score the rod journals on the cranks you have to polish and resize. so 2 motor swaps later i wont make that mistake again lol. KEEP ON THAT OIL BROTHER!