Knock Sensor Removal!!!!!

89SiHatch

5+ Year Member
i wanted to ask see if anyone has removed a knock sensor off a B16a and if there are any torque spec once you replace it.

Also what tools to use to remove it engine has been dropped into a 89 Si hatch and space is tight.... ratchet with deep socket? seems like the answer but someone has to know what tool to use.... crescent wrench maybe? :smackself :smackself

EG-Owns you

Twin Tech Owns Your s**t!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
um its prob best just to keep its allways good to have

89SiHatch

5+ Year Member
shoemaker617 said:
Why would you wanna remove the knock sensor? you replacing it?
FORGOT TO SAY, :roll:

i am replacing it its throwing a code23on my ecu and im about to get new one i just have no idea what to use to remove it

SuperSize

japanese muscle
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
as far as i know you need to drain your coolant cuz if you take the sensor out coolant will spill out of the hole

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SuperSize said:
as far as i know you need to drain your coolant cuz if you take the sensor out coolant will spill out of the hole
nope no coolant no nothing... all a knock sensor is, is a mic attached to a block to detect harmonic freq. of a knock. I used slip joint pilers but a large socket will work but i dont know the size

89SiHatch

5+ Year Member
ok ill try the plyers and ill try some sockets i know its bigger than a 19 for sure if anyone knows?? any torque specs?

shoemaker617

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
89SiHatch said:
FORGOT TO SAY, :roll:

i am replacing it its throwing a code23on my ecu and im about to get new one i just have no idea what to use to remove it
It all depends what you could get in there the easiest, i never had to remove my knock sensor ,so i would guess deep socket and a ratchet.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Very possible but there are a few other things that your ecu monitors as to if vtec will engage or not.