knock sound while turning very hard on corners?

kojinwah

5+ Year Member
Well ... so i decided to hit the corner on my stock suspension ... and when i hit a corner hard right turn it makes this knock sound (dont know where its comming from and what it is) its not just one but a coupel of times. its not that quiet but im sure its noticable if you stood there watching me turn. havn't had a hard left turn so... i wouldn't know.

whats my problem?

and does anyone else have this problem also?

if you had this problem... how can i solve this? what is my problme LOL!!!!

plz help thanks

if things are unclear ask me so it my be clarified

kojinwah

skinnyjdm

Always bet on black
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you have stuff in your trunk?

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sound slike a cv joint. might need new axles

kojinwah

5+ Year Member
yah i have stuff in my trunk but i highly doubt its the stuff in my trunk becuase i hear it from the front left.

so if it is the axles... how mcuh is it to replace and am i good to go oem axles?

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go to a local shithole (autozone) and get some from there, they are around $70 each

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
check your strut mounts and make sure they are tight, also on the control arm, thats gonna be your cheapest route first, then if its still doing it, have a shop that does free inspections check out the cv shaft, just my 2 cents

mugen00

American Honda=Domestic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
sound slike a cv joint. might need new axles
:werd: my 91 accord is doint the same thing and we checked it out and its the cv joint!! you better replace it before it gets really bad and your axel breaks!

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
left seems to be the one to go out the most, mine is starting to go bad also

kojinwah

5+ Year Member
Well i went for a spin again and the noise is gone. i think it only happens when the engine is 'cold' or just started up. i will take it for spin in the morning and see if it does the same.

so for now when i hit the corners with a hot engine there are no knock noise.. no matter how hard or which way i turn.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Here's a hint.. don't do stupid s**t like that on stock suspension. There, problem solved.

kojinwah

5+ Year Member

i was testing it to see what the problem was ... and no, problem wont be solved when i can catch it ahead of time

thanks for your input... but that didnt help

Chumani

5+ Year Member
i got the same problem as we speak.....so autozone 70 dollars? for both? i plan on gettin up to 300 hp should i get something a little different for down the road?

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what have u done to ur suspension? something could have came lose. but i have done hard turns on a stock supsension and no problem. i took my girls civic lx to a autocross event. lol

riciv97

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
More than likely its the cv axles thats what my car started doing and then i had to replace about a month ago..