koni adjustable shocks ????

sanad maghaireh

Hi , i want to know if i use koni adjustable shocks for my 01 civic with lowering springs , can make my car lower than use stock shocks with lowering springs ?
all what i need to drop my car more A few centimeters
thanx
sanad

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes. In fact it's preferable to use shocks that are meant for lowered cars because putting lowering springs will usually cause your stock shocks to blow pretty quickly. Just research what kind of drop you want (how low) and find a set of shocks that can handle it

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think he's asking 2 questions...

Yes, you should use aftermarket shocks(or in your case struts) with most lowering springs.

For your second question, NO using Koni shocks will NOT lower the car more for your application. Your car uses a McPherson type suspension which means the Koni's are INSERTS, not a full bodied strut. This means you are going to have to gut your stock struts and replace the insert with the Koni. On '92-'00 Civic, they use double wishbone suspension and have shocks. The Koni's offer ride height adjustment on the shock BODY by using moveable circlips. However, for a McPherson strut, this is not possible.