Koni - Ground Control coilover install questions?

TheEJ8

was wondering if anyone who has koni ground control coilovers could tell me how to set them up

I found this But by the diagram It shows the curved washer faced up. but in other pictures I see, its down. And do I use both of the nuts or only one of the nuts
http://www.lukekailburn.com/konigcsuspension.html

Heres some other pictures of the one I loosely put together

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
dang this set up looks good(:

how much was it??

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
so 950 total??

yes yes the washer goes faced down you have it right(:

the washer is ment to bend around the top hat

TheEJ8

But I still have 2 washers left over, the thiner ones. That is the only thing im unsure of where it goes or if I even need it?

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you're following the DIY you linked in your original post, for some stupid reason that guy refers to the 2 top nuts as washers... They are nuts.. Since you say you have 2 "washers" left over, it's because you didn't stack them like you're supposed to.

Tighten the first one down, the lock it with the second nut.

TheEJ8

I know he made a type-o or something. I wasn't recreating his mistake =) . So when I said two washers
I meant 2 washers left over that are a different thickness from the two that I used.
I put all four together with out them because from that diy I guess he didnt use them either.

BUT if I should have put them somewhere, id just like to know. I dont see why 2 pointless washers would be in there, obviously they go SOME where.

Order that I put every thing on starting with shock.

Shock
Plastic washer
Sleeves and Springs
bumpstop
Thick washer
top mount
curved washer - faced up
2 jam nuts

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you follow the pic that I have provided then you should be good. That's what I went by when assembling mine.

Not my pic.

TheEJ8

Yeah I went by that as well. I mean im not to worried about it. Was just curious why there was 2 left over. 4 total.

Thanks for the help everyone.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sounds like you has it right to me. Not sure why there are 2 washers left over since you mentioned everything that's needed for assembly. Slap them on and have fun.

TheEJ8

Sounds like you has it right to me. Not sure why there are 2 washers left over since you mentioned everything that's needed for assembly. Slap them on and have fun.

Will do, Ill be sure to post pictures in my build thread when I get them on.