Koni Shocks Yellow vs. Orange?

Discussion in 'Wheels / Tires / Brakes / Suspension (All Gens)' started by JDvorsky96Si, Nov 27, 2013.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. JDvorsky96Si

JDvorsky96Si New Member

Hey I am looking into grabbing some springs from the clubcivic store because of the black friday sale, just wondering what the major differences between the Koni yellow and orange shocks are, other then about $200 ;)

I am not looking into doing anything to extreme with the car, just wanna lower it and get rid of most of if not all the wheel gap.

And what springs would go best with it, I know the store has the Tech springs (or whaterever they are called) to combo with the Orange shocks, is that a decent match up? Will I get low enough with that combo?

And lastly what other parts do I need to lower the vehicle? Does anything else need to be replaced? I know I will need an alignment after but parts wise do I need to change anything else?

Thanks in advance,

Jdvorsky

2. drewcoreen

drewcoreen drewcoreen

You will have to choose the ride height carefully. So if you are living in a place which is bumpy, that could go hard on your car.

3. sixwhip14

sixwhip14 New Member 5+ Year Member

Big difference between the yellows and oranges. Yellows are damper adjustable and have a lifetime guarantee if I remember right. The orange ones are like a budget oem replacement. No lifetime warranty.
    You might want to check your trailing arm bushings. If you have stock suspension yet.
    I'd be surprised if you don't destroy you lcas if the bottom shock bolt is seized.
    It's a common problem. Good luck.

4. rustycivic2000

rustycivic2000 New Member Registered VIP

Koni Yellows w/ Eibach Sportlines will be a great daily setup.