Konig Rim repair.

JCV2000

Dirty South Side
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anybody ever fixed scratches/curbing on konig verdicts? Ive got some 17s that I dicked up by going thru an automated car wash. Not my brightest moment.

Jay eS Iye

n00whuh?
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just hit a curb going into the parking garage and got a 2 inch gash, so i'd be interested to know too

JCV2000

Dirty South Side
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Belive it or not, I got another scrape in the SAME PARKING GARAGE.

civickidd99

not fast, but it's paid 4
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You might see if any of the wheel shops around you have dealt with this sort of thing!

thoughthard

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have heard of using JB Weld to fill in the damage, sand it down, and then refinish the area. Not using powdercoating though, but rather just paint.

JCV2000

Dirty South Side
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It was Koldus actually, I figured since you were in the corp that youde be parking there.

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
take it to a tire shop shouldn't be more then 40-60 buck

JCV2000

Dirty South Side
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by ray ray
take it to a tire shop shouldn't be more then 40-60 buck
Ty ray ray, thats valuable information (and I might just do that), but I wanted to know how they actually do it so I might do it myself. Seems like every time I take my car anywhere to get stuff done the guys f*ck it up big time. One shop actually took my drivers side wiper arm (whole thing) off, for a good reason so thats not the problem, and never returned it. I called and asked em about it and they pretended like they never took it off in the first place and claimed they didnt have it. I ended up bringing a lawsuit against them and winning, so for their $40 lie I got $500 worth of body work for free.

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do some research your in the import sceen you must know some one that knows some body at a tire shop. Network homie 8)

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There's a place around where I live called WheelWorx. I'm not sure if they have one around your area, but they specialize in that kind of work. I'm not sure how much they charge, but they are professionals. I'd seek their knowledge and experience with something this important, especially with Blatants and other expensive rims ...

EL PAALO

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They sandblast, then fix bends/scratches (if needed), then powdercoat or paint, then clearcoat (if desired). It's a pain to fix most rims because they're clearcoated which makes cleaning easier and makes them look better, imho, but makes it a pain to fix at home without completely refinishing. Take this oppurtunity to have all four refinished in a custom color ($200-$400 depending on where you go and what you want done).

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OMG! I rubbed my rim up against a curb for the first time ever ... I'm so pissed right now, so I think it's time to take it to WheelWorx ...