Korbach Frame Locks

Solid_Ride

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Je said:
when are they gonna make these for the 5g?

We are accepting applications for Korbach Testers for the 5th gen right now. We would send you Beta versions that are 99% - 100% close to production for less than half the retail price for participating in answering 15 minutes of questions and posting a honest review. You get the lower price even if you post a bad review. If you don't like them, we'll give you all your money back.

We can only accept a handful of people for now and we will not be able to respond to all applicants. If you are not accepted, please understand.

Thanks

David Lawson
Korbach Performance

Solid_Ride

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In response to sending parts to GRM. We are going to do that. We've been back ordered for 2 weeks (due to demand) and have had nothing to send out and were prioritizing our customers before that. But tommorrow we are getting some quantities in and will do just that. Keep in mind, it takes 3 months for a magazine to come out after doing a review and we are going to intentionally time it so that the article comes out in the spring and not the winter. Sales for handling products (sway bars) slow down quite a bit when the roads are icey back east. We do want to time it when people are ready to by. Plus by spring time, we should have a few more products released.

We've been in communications with Dave Wallins at GRM and he's been quite busy after 3 hurricanes (offices are in Florida) and just launching a 2nd magazine Classic Motorsports, but he does want to try out our Frame Locks. He read the Honda Tuning magazine. So we will send a set down. Maybe I can get him to post a small teaser blurb in his web site prior to the article.

Thanks for the follow up. You guys keep us on our toes.

By the way. Thanks 80's Boy for being the first brave sole to try them out. And thanks Sean John for backing us too.

David Lawson
Korbach Performance

Solid_Ride

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Solid_Ride said:
We are accepting applications for Korbach Testers for the 5th gen right now. We would send you Beta versions that are 99% - 100% close to production for less than half the retail price for participating in answering 15 minutes of questions and posting a honest review. You get the lower price even if you post a bad review. If you don't like them, we'll give you all your money back.

We can only accept a handful of people for now and we will not be able to respond to all applicants. If you are not accepted, please understand.

Thanks

David Lawson
Korbach Performance

Sorry forgot to tell you how to apply. Send your interest to info@korbachperformance.com and Josh will handle it.

Thanks

David Lawson
Korbach Performance

Ace$nyper

may i ask any plans for 4th gens?

I am very iffy about this esp after looking at my frame seeing where they would go i can't see them doing anything but if a refund is there and a 4th gen is planned trying can't hurt imo.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
returnoftheking said:
which is why i said his response is better then the scripted crap we have been subjected to

ah s**t man!!! my bad . . . i hella mis-read :smackself: i hella just assumed. . . well my bad. . .but i'm glad that you think its better than the other "scripted" responses 8)

SeanJohn1802 said:
ah s**t man!!! my bad . . . i hella mis-read :smackself: i hella just assumed. . . well my bad. . .but i'm glad that you think its better than the other "scripted" responses 8)

not much better, but its an improvement :-P

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just submitted an application :thumbs up:

*fingers crossed*

Solid_Ride

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ace$nyper said:
may i ask any plans for 4th gens?

I am very iffy about this esp after looking at my frame seeing where they would go i can't see them doing anything but if a refund is there and a 4th gen is planned trying can't hurt imo.

The 4th gen is probably a few months away. Check back with us in the spring time at www.korbachperformance.com. And when we do release it, we will offer a full money back guarantee.

Thanks for you intererst.

David Lawson
Korbach Performance

Solid_Ride

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Below is finally some quantifiable data on the Frame Locks. A customer saw a definite improvement in track time. He shaved 4 seconds off of 1:23, which we think is very significant. We are still striving to get a well known & very credible racer to evaluate as well. We have been in discussions with racers at Honda Challenge. We are planning on demonstrating them in late November. Below is the link to the track time improvement.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1041907

Here's an excerpt:

"I ran out at the track for a full day and averaged ALL my (16) laps together and got 1:23 for a final number. The next time a went out a week later I ran another 16 laps and averaged 1:19 for a final number. I was quite impressed with my results on the track since I was able to record lap times faster than I had ever recorded in my car previously, out there at any time. Four seconds may not sound like a lot to some people but to any of you that race out there I'm sure you will appreciate the significance in it. I doubt anyone would be able to measure such a difference from bolting on a strut tower bar! I'm sure that an expert level driver would be able to improve on those results with the frame locks installed."

David Lawson
Korbach Performance
http://www.korbachperformance.com

neaky

Nexus One
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What exactly are the frame locks? This thread is the first I've heard of them (in a cave, under a rock with my hands over my ears). I'd give them a shot. Just because something isn't easily explainable doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Solid_Ride

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
neaky said:
What exactly are the frame locks? This thread is the first I've heard of them (in a cave, under a rock with my hands over my ears). I'd give them a shot. Just because something isn't easily explainable doesn't mean it doesn't work.
Thanks.

Go to our web site and see....korbachperformance.com. These small yet intricate parts make a suprising difference in handling. We offer them risk free. Don't like them, return them in 45 days and get all of your money back. We have not had one return. We spoke to Sport Compact magazine at the SEMA show and they will be checking out our product just like Honda Tuning magazine.

David Lawson
Korbach Performance

> Korbach Performance’s Frame Locks makes the front cover of the September issue of Honda Tuning magazine: “The best handling upgrade you don’t know about”. Link is:

http://hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/0409ht_honda/

> Product reviews from the co founder, moderators, racers and members of a popular car enthusiast club (Clubsi.com)

http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB45&Number=4430420&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

> Product review from the founder and web master of a car enthusiast club (Speed-society.com)

http://www.speed-society.com/forum/phpBB2/features/items/korbach_framelocks/

> Product review from a member (Team 4 R) of a popular car enthusiast club (Clubcivic.com).

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=32650&page=1&pp=15&highlight=korbach

> Product review from a Honda swap web site (Hondaswap.com)
http://www.hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45556

ReggieSD

PoPoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey i have a question...i just got my korbach frame locks but haven't put them on yet...i was checking out the instructions and i guess it mounts on the rebar (not sure if i spelled it right)? i'm asking coz when i put my turbo kit back on...i'm gonna have to take the rebar out to install the fmic...coz the piping hits my foglights and i don't wanna take the fog lights out. does that mean i can't install it if i have to take the rebar out? coz if it's so..i'll just sell the frame locks here on cc.

ReggieSD

PoPoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah that's true...i'd probably have to think twice about it now.